Air Fryer Tandoori Broccoli
Tandoori Broccoli Tikka is a fusion appetizer recipe prepared by marinating broccoli in a spiced yogurt-based marinade and grilled in an air fryer or oven.
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 large head broccoli (around 4 cups of medium sized florets)
Clean, cut the broccoli head into bite-sized florets, roughly the same size for even cooking.The next step is to blanch the broccoli, Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Drop the broccoli in the boiling water and let it cook for 1 minute (for firm broccoli) and then transfer into a bowl filled with water and ice cubes. Once cooled, drain out the water and pat them dry with a kitchen or paper towel. Or you may also steam the broccoli in Instant Pot. In a large bowl add hung curd, besan, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala, chaat masala, kasuri methi, lemon juice, salt, oil, and mix everything together.Then add the blanched/steamed broccoli florets and mix until each piece of the broccoli is coated well with the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C). Add the marinated broccoli florets to the air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer (cook in batches if required). Brush or spray some oil on the top, this ensures the broccoli doesn't dry out.
Air fry at 360°F (180°C) for 8-10 minutes or until edges start browning and turn crispy. Shake the basket halfway through.
Remove in a serving plate, squeeze some lime juice, sprinkle chaat masala, and serve it immediately with mint yogurt chutney.
Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the marinated broccoli evenly in a single layer.Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes. Then broil on high for 2-3 minutes till they turn charred and crispy on the edges. Turn halfway through cooking time.
Tips & Variations
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Cut them the same size: This helps for quick and even cooking.
- Work in batches. Make sure to spread the marinated broccoli in a single layer in the air fryer basket leaving some space between each other. Cook in batches if needed.
- Shake the basket halfway: It's important to shake the basket halfway through to allow the tandoori broccoli tikka bites to be cooked evenly.
- Let the broccoli florets marinate for at least 15-20 minutes. If you have some extra time, then let them sit for longer that way they absorb more flavors from the marinade.
- Highly recommend adding besan (gram flour) to the marinade, this step ensures that the besan would help broccoli to coat well and not stick to the air fryer basket/pan.
- You can also add onion, bell peppers, zucchini to this recipe.
- If you want to make keto broccoli tikka bites, then skip besan (gram flour) in this recipe.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 542mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1100IU | Vitamin C: 136mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 1mg