Bhel Puri Chaat Recipe
Bhel Puri Chaat Recipe is one of the most popular chaat's made of puffed rice, vegetables, green chutney , tangy tamarind sauce and few spices.
- 2 cups puffed Rice/Murmura/Bhel/Mandakki
- ¼ cup boiled potato chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanuts roasted
- ½ teaspoon chat masala
- 2 tablespoon tamarind Imli Chutney *Recipe below
- 2 tablespoon coriander-Mint Chutney *Recipe below
- 8-10 papdi
- ¼ cup nylon sev
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- salt as needed
Making Bhel Puri
Add roasted puffed rice, boiled potato, onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves, crushed papdi, roasted peanuts, roasted jeera, chaat masala, red chili powder and black salt. Toss everything well.
Add green coriander mint chutney, tamarind chutney (imli ki chutney) along with fresh lime juice.
Quickly mix everything well, add more chutneys if required. Finally, garnish with more nylon sev, papdi, and coriander leaves.
Serve bhel puri chat immediately.
In a large kadai take equal proportion of tamarind and jaggery.Further pour 2 cups of water. Mix and boil the mixture for at-least 10 minutes.Also add fennel powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, dry ginger powder and salt to taste.Mix and mash tamarind.Furthermore, simmer the mixture for 2 minutes.Later allow the mixture to cool completely.Now transfer the tamarind mixture to the mixer and blend smooth puree.Further strain the puree.And transfer the prepared tamarind chutney into airtight jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- Firstly dry roast the bhel/puffed rice in a pan until they become crisp.Cool completely before using to make bhel puri.
- Do not add chutney's in the beginning ,so add it in the last little by little until you get desired taste.Also make sure chutney's are thick not too runny.
- Add crushed papdi's ,sev at the end to prevent them from getting soggy.
- You can also add some finely chopped mango if they are in season.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 120g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 891mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 96g | Vitamin A: 933IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 8mg