Mango Rasayana|Mavina Seekarane
Mango rasayana or Mavina seekarane is a traditional dessert of Karnataka prepared with mango, coconut milk and jaggery.
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 large Mangoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon jaggery or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
Cut the mangoes into small cubes and keep it in a mixing bowl.
Squeeze and extract the remaining mango juice from the mangoes.
Next add coconut milk ,jaggery and cardamom powder.Mix well.Adjust the consistency of rasayana.
Serve chilled with dosa ,poori or chapati.
- Any variety of mangoes can be used ,but try to choose sweet ,juicy and pulpy mangoes.
- You can use white or brown sugar instead of jaggery.Adjust the jaggery based on sweetness of the mango.
- I have made coconut milk at home using freshly shredded coconut but you can also use store brought coconut milk.
- You can also replace coconut milk with dairy milk or almond milk.
- You can make this rasayana with banana ,muskmelon or ripened jackfruit.