Palak Poori is a delicious Indian flatbread made with spinach puree and a few spices and I have it with some paneer capsicum stir fry and cookies & nuts.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #29 - Palak Poori + Paneer Jalfrezi + Cookie & Pistachios
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Palak Poori - Here is the detailed Palak Poori Recipe Link.
Palak Poori (Fried Spinach Puffed Bread)
- Blanch spinach in hot water.
- Add blanched spinach, ginger and green chilli to a blender and blend to make a smooth puree.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, sooji, spinach puree, ajwain and salt and mix well.Knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into small lime size pieces and roll it out into a 3 to 4 inch circle.
- Carefully slide rolled poori into hot oil and deep fry on both sides until it slightly starts to change color.
- Remove it from the oil using slotted spoon and place on paper towel lined plate and serve warm with any side dish of your choice.
Tips & Variations
- Dough should not be soft like roti or loose or sticky. It should be slight stiff yet smooth.
- Roll the spinach pooris of medium thickness. If it is too thin like roti then it will not puff up while frying.
- Instead of adding spinach puree to the dough, you can add finely chopped spinach.
- You can add masalas like red chilli powder, hing, jeera powder etc to make this poori even more delicious.
SNACK - Paneer Capsicum Stir Fry- Here the Paneer Capsicum Stir Fry Recipe Link
SNACK - Coconut Cookie & Pistachios- I have packed homemade cookies and some pistachios.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare the dough at night and refrigerate it in an airtight container.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you If you make this recipe, please share your food photo with hashtag #indianveggiedelight on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and others can enjoy it too! Thank you ♥
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.
Such simple recipe..yet so well presented...loved all your tiffin ideas and look forward to more.. subscribed your blog... Keep up the good food🤗
Bhavana Patil says
Thank you for the Encouraging words Harshada:)
renuka s says
It's really an awesome recipes, it looks very delicious so I'd like to try it out with great pleasure. Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bhavana Patil says
Thank you so much Renuka