Palak Poori is a delicious Indian flatbread made with spinach puree and few spices and i have it with some paneer capsicum stir fry and cookies & nuts.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #29 - Palak Poori + Paneer Capsicum Stir Fry + Cookie & Pistachios
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Palak Poori - Here the detailed Recipe Link
Palak Poori|Fried Spinach Puffed Bread
measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup wheat or multigrain flour
- 2 tablespoon fine sooji (rava) (optional)
- 3-4 cups spinach(palak)
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 green chiili
- ¼ teaspoon ajwain (carrom seeds)
- oil for frying
- water to knead ,if needed
- salt to taste
- Blanch spinach in hot water.
- Add blanched spinach, ginger and green chilli to a blender and blend to make a smooth puree.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, sooji, spinach puree ,ajwain and salt and mix well.Knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into small lime size pieces and roll it out into a 3 to 4 inch circle dusting with little flour.
- Carefully slide rolled poori into hot oil and deep fry on both sides until it slightly starts to change color.
- Remove it from the oil using slotted spoon and place on paper towel lined plate and serve warm with any side dish of your choice.
SNACK - Paneer Capsicum Stir Fry- Here the Recipe Link
SNACK - Coconut Cookie & Pistachios- I have packed homemade cookie and some pistachios.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.