A collection of over 20+ best quick and easy vegetarian Indian Air Fryer recipes, including appetizers/snacks, roasted vegetables, paneer, and more. You can also find a variety of other Indian vegetarian curries, rice, beans, lentils, and dessert recipes on my blog.
- What is an Air Fryer?
- Which Air Fryer is Best For Indian Cooking in the USA?
- Here are 20+ Easy Air Fryer Indian Recipes
- Onion Pakoda - Air Fryer
- Paneer Tikka - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill
- Gobi Manchurian (Restaurant Style Cauliflower Manchurian)
- Malai Broccoli
- Aloo Tikki
- Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Tandoori Paneer Naan Pizza
- Air Fryer Tandoori Broccoli
- Sabudana Vada Recipe (Deep Fry, Air Fryer and Appe Pan)
- Tandoori Aloo - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill
- Air Fryer Tandoori Gobi
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Air Fryer Banana Chips (Plantain Chips)
- Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls
- Tandoori Tofu Tikka - Air Fryer/ Oven/ Grill/ Tawa
- Air Fryer Frozen Samosa
- Beetroot Tikki|Beetroot Cutlet
- Vegetable Rice Cutlet from Left Over rice (Rice Tikki)
- Crispy Corn Pakoda (Corn Fritters)
- Masala Peanuts - (Microwave, Air fryer)
- Paneer Popcorn Recipe
- Barbeque Nation Style Cajun Potatoes
- Crispy Masala French Fries Recipe (Potato French Fries)
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Veg Chilli Cheese Toast (Chilli Cheese Toast on Tawa)
- Bread Pizza without Oven (Tawa Bread Pizza)
- Air Fryer Indian Bread Roll
- Maddur Vada | Maddur Vade
- Air Fryer Chana Dal Vada
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Roasted Peanuts - Air Fryer & Oven
- Air Fryer Stir Fry Recipes
- Roasted Aloo Gobi in Air Fryer
- Bharwa Bhindi (Stuffed Okra)
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Air Fryer Vegetables
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Indian Food Recipe Collections to try
- 20+ Air Fryer Indian Recipes
What is an Air Fryer?
An Air fryer is a great kitchen appliance that can air fry, bake, roast, broil, dehydrate, and reheat foods. You can cook fresh or frozen food.
The air fryer has a heating element that radiates heat, and a fan helps to circulate hot air around the food, allowing the use of little oil, making the food crispier and healthier without the guilt of snacking on deep-fried foods.
From crispy French Fries, Samosas to Onion Bajji, there’s so much to love about crispy air fryer foods. Besides savory Indian food, you can also make desserts like Gulab Jamun (fried dough balls), Gujiya (Indian Sweet Pastry), or Cookies in the Air fryer. You can also reheat leftover or warm food and much more.
Which Air Fryer is Best For Indian Cooking in the USA?
When buying an air fryer for your home kitchen, you may want to think about
- What kind of recipes will you make?
- For how many people will you be cooking?
- Air fryer basket, especially the coating, if you want to avoid Teflon (nonstick) coating, then buy accordingly.
While most Indian recipes require a lot of oil, using an air fryer can help you to cut back on the oil by more than 70% than shallow pan or deep frying.
Instant Vortex Plus 6 Quart Air Fryer (Like I use) is great and perfect to cook meals for a family of 4. It comes with a 6-quart square basket capacity, a greater surface area for cooking than regular air fryers, and is highly reliable. It is great for Indian cooking with less oil usage without affecting the taste and texture.
If you are looking for a bigger air fryer oven, then I recommend Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven and Instant Vortex Pro 9-in-1 Air Fryer, which allows you to cook more food than a smaller air fryer. Like my Instant Pot Recipes, these Air fryer recipes provide hands-off, minimal supervision, and high-flavor meals.
Our Other Top Air Fryer Picks
- My Favorite: Instant Vortex 6-Quart Air Fryer.
- Another Top Pick: Cosori Pro Air Fryer Oven Combo.
- Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven: Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- Best Air Fryer with Dual Basket Air Fryer: Ninja Foodi DualZone Air Fryer.
I’m excited to share some of my favorite tried and authentic vegetarian Indian air fryer recipes, that your whole family will love. They also include vegan, gluten-free, keto, and low-carb recipes.
Need some further inspiration? Check out the full range of Air Fryer Recipes for all occasions. I hope you enjoy it.
Also, check out Indian Party Menu Ideas if you plan to host an event at your home.
Here are 20+ Easy Air Fryer Indian Recipes
Air Fryer Snacks/Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Stir Fry Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
A variety of vegetarian and vegan Indian recipes from snacks, appetizers, and stir-fries, to desserts, can be made in the air fryer at home.
Make sure the food to be air fried is dry on the outside. Also do not add too much of oil as it makes the food less crispy.
Oils with a high smoking point like Olive oil, Avocado oil, Grape seed oil, Peanut oil, Coconut oil, and Ghee makes an excellent option for cooking in an air fryer.
Yes. Unlike microwaves, hot air is circulated to generate heat in the air fryer, so putting aluminum foil doesn't cause any spark.
More Indian Food Recipe Collections to try
- 75+ Kids Lunch Box Recipes
- 25+ Indian Breakfast Recipes
- 30+ Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes
- 20+ Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- 12+ Instant Pot Indian Dessert Recipes
- 10+ Best Veg Sandwich Recipes Indian Style
- 12+ Phool Makhana (Lotus Seeds) Recipes
- 10+ Paratha Recipes|Indian FlatBread Recipes
I hope you have found your favorite Indian Air fryer recipe to make in the Air Fryer. If you find anything missing from the list, don't forget to comment below with your request.
This recipe collection list is only bound to grow more and more, as I cook more interesting recipes. So do make sure, to bookmark this page by clicking the heart icon ❤️ on the right-hand side.