You will find a list of 15+ best Indian vegetarian and vegan salad recipes that are healthy, easy to make and packed with nutrition. Whether you're seeking for a light lunch option or a refreshing side dish, these recipes are guaranteed to satisfy. So, get ready to add some zest to your salads with these delightful Indian-inspired creations.
- Different Types Of Salads
- Accompaniment Salad for Indian Food
- How to Build The Indian Salads
- 15+ Best Indian Salad Recipes
- Indian Onion Salad (Laccha Pyaaz)
- Kachumber Salad Recipe
- Corn Pomegranate Kosambari
- Kakdi Koshimbir (Indian Cucumber Salad)
- Sprouted Moong Salad Recipe
- Boiled Peanut Salad
- Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Kala Chana Chaat Recipe (Black Chickpea Salad)
- Hesarubele Carrot Kosambari (Moong Dal Carrot Salad)
- Cucumber Kosambari
- Beetroot Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- Sprouted Fenugreek/Methi Salad
- Lauki Raita (Bottle Gourd Raita)
- Palak Raita Recipe
- Indian Fruit Salad (With Chaat Masala)
- More Recipe Collections
- 15+ Best Indian Salad Recipes
Indian cuisine is renowned for its diverse and delicious vegetarian main dishes, which include Paneer Butter Masala, Punjabi Chole, Dal Makhani to Biryani and Pulao. There are times we don't want to stuff our mouths with greasy and deep-fried meals. Our favourite option during these situations is a salad. Salads are a great way to complement Indian food and balance out the spiciness and richness of the main course.
Salads are actually a diet enthusiast's favourite food. They do, after all, pack a variety of nutrients into a single bowl. For maintaining a healthy weight and radiant skin, it's essential to include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet since they include vital vitamins and minerals that may be lacking in our everyday meals.
Salads prepared in the Indian way are often flavourful, crisp, spicy, and tangy, unlike any other salads. You are guaranteed to receive a bowl full of goodness when a selection of greens, vegetables, and fruits are combined with salt, pepper, lime juice, and frequently some chaat masala.
However, in most Indian households, a wholesome meal is always accompanied by a plateful of tomato, cucumber and onion slices topped with lemon juice and chaat masala. This kind of salad is a must-have in every Indian meal.
Next time you're looking to lighten up your meal, give one of these recipes a try and treat your taste buds.
Different Types Of Salads
Indian cuisine boasts a wide range of authentic salads, each with its own unique flavor and aroma, as well as diverse ingredient choices.
Indian salad recipes can be made easily with a few Indian-style dressings, such as salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and occasionally with tamarind paste, green chilies, or both.
They can also be made in the North Indian chaat style with green chutney and chaat masala, or with the addition of a traditional South Indian Classic Tempering with mustard seeds, curry leaves and fresh grated coconut.
Make your own healthy Indian-style salads by selecting your favorite Indian herbs and spices, and then toss it with locally sourced produce.
Accompaniment Salad for Indian Food
How to Build The Indian Salads
Try to add a variety of ingredients and textures to build a flavorful Indian salad. Here are some tips on how to build Indian salads.
- Add Veggies & Greens - Some popular raw veggies that go in Indian salads are cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, onions, bell peppers, and cabbage. These veggies are packed with fiber and rich in essential vitamins and minerals. Add raw greens like lettuce, and baby spinach.
- Pick Seasonal Produce - Always pick the veggies and fruits that are in season, as they will taste fresh and delicious.
- Dressings or Chutney - Indian salads are often served with green chutney made from mint and coriander or/and tamarind chutney and dressings made from lemon juice, oil, and Indian spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, red chili powder, and chaat masala.
- Add Protein - You can add plant-based protein sources like paneer (cottage cheese), and boiled legumes (like kidney beans, chickpeas, black-eyed peas, or lentils) for added nutrition.
- Fresh Herbs - Top with fresh herbs such as mint and coriander leaves for a fresh and bright flavor.
- Healthy Fats - Nuts, seeds, salad dressing, or tempering made from coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil are great options. Nuts like walnuts, pistachios, almonds, peanuts, cashews, and seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and flax seeds, are great salad toppings. Toast the nuts first to bring out their flavor.
- Add crunchy salad toppings - Top your Indian salads with crunchy elements such as sev, boondi, roasted peanuts, fried cashews, roasted chickpeas, or papad to add an extra texture and flavor to each bite.
- Add some sweetness - Sometimes Indian salads also include sweet elements such as golden raisins, and fruits like pomegranate arils, or diced apples.
15+ Best Indian Salad Recipes
Let's have a look at the 15+ Easy and healthy Indian Salad Recipes that you can make for your lunch or dinner at home.
All these salad recipes are perfect for adding to your lunch, potluck or dinner parties. Try them at home, and let us know how you all liked them in the comments below. For more such recipe ideas, stay tuned!
So do make sure, to bookmark this page by clicking the heart icon ❤️ on the right-hand side.
More Recipe Collections
- 35+ Salad Recipes
- 75+ Kids Lunch Box Recipes
- 30+ Instant Pot Indian Rice Recipes
- 20+ Indian Air Fryer Recipes
- 10+ Best Veg Sandwich Recipes Indian Style
- 10+ Paratha Recipes|Indian FlatBread Recipes
- 30+ Instant Pot Vegetarian Soup Recipes
- 70+ Keto Indian Food Recipes
If you’ve tried this easy Indian salad recipes or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!