Glossary of Fruits names in English, Hindi, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Marathi.
Fruit is the sweet, fleshy, edible part of a plant. It mostly contains seeds. Fruits come in different colors, sizes, shapes, and flavors. They can be eaten raw or cooked.
Fruits are a good source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and sugar. They are naturally low in fat, low in calories, and cholesterol free.
Fruits like Mangoes, melons, and citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruit, and kiwi are rich in Vitamin C. Cantaloupe, peaches, apricots, and nectarines have rich sources of vitamin A.
In India, different types of seasonal fruits are available with the changing season. Some fruits like avocado, banana, papaya, and coconut are perennial. And fruits like mangoes, custard apples, and jackfruit, are completely seasonal.
It is recommended to eat fruits when they are seasonal and locally grown, as they are super delicious and fresh with a higher nutritional value.
Fruits can be eaten raw, juiced, in smoothies, salads, jams, desserts, and preserves.
Here in this blog post, You can find the fruit names in English, Hindi, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Marathi. If we have missed any fruit in any regional Indian language, do leave a comment in the comment section, and we will update the post.
Helpful Tips for Fruits
- Buy seasonal and locally grown produce.
- Look for a bright color, fresh and good aroma while buying fruits.
- Don't buy produce that is damaged or bruised.
- If possible, buy organic fruits or make sure to soak fruits like berries in some vinegar and baking soda, and rinse them a couple of times to get rid of pesticide residue on the fruits.
- Try eating whole fruits and not juicing them, as they have more fiber than juice.
- It's better to consume fruits immediately after chopping. Resting them for a few minutes (or hours) open or refrigerating the chopped fruits may result in a loss of nutrients.
- Fruits are best taken on an empty stomach so that the nutrients are absorbed properly. Try to consume fruits 2 hours before or after your meal.
If you liked this List of Fruit Names In English, Hindi, and other languages post, or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Leave a Reply