Deliciously creamy Avocado Banana Smoothie recipe made with healthy ingredients that can be served for breakfast or snack. Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly.
Even though you are not a smoothie person, you’re bound to love this nutritionally rich avocado and banana smoothie that is both silky and delicious and takes five minutes to make. My toddler daughter Dhwani also loves this drink.
I remember drinking this avocado smoothie, also known as Butternut Fruit, in India while working in the Cognizant cafeteria post-lunch. It is also known as an avocado banana milkshake.
Avocados are loaded with mono-saturated fatty acids, suitable for a healthy heart. Besides, avocados are rich in potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and many vitamins like B, K, C, and E.
Why I Love this Avocado Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Ready in under 5 minutes.
- Full of vitamins and minerals
- No refined sugar
- Keeps you full
- Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Soy-free, Vegan, and Vegetarian
Avocado Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
You need very few ingredients to make this healthy avocado breakfast smoothie.
- Avocado: should be very ripe to get a smooth and velvety texture. Fresh or frozen, both work.
- Banana: It adds sweetness and makes this smoothie even creamier. Fresh or frozen, both work.
- Milk: I've used almond milk in this smoothie, but you can use dairy, soy, oat, or any other type of milk. You can also use yogurt in place of milk.
- Sweetener: Add a sweetener of your choice, like maple syrup, honey, agave, or dates. It's optional.
- Toppings: I used pistachios. You can top it with any nuts of your choice.
How to Make Avocado Banana Smoothie
Firstly, add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. You can also use a high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender, as it blends a super smooth and creamy smoothie in a few seconds.
Garnish with pistachios and serve immediately.
Variations and Add-Ins
- Protein Powder: If you are drinking this smoothie post-workout, add one scoop of protein powder and blend.
- Greens: Add a handful of fresh spinach or kale while blending for an extra boost of vitamins and minerals.
- Nut butter: You may want to add peanut butter or almond butter as they add creaminess and nutty flavor to this smoothie recipe.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds are great choices. They are packed with plant protein, healthy fats, and omega-3s.
- Toss in some other fruit: You can also add seasonal fruits like mango, blueberries, and strawberries, along with avocados and bananas in this smoothie.
- Chocolate: Add one tablespoon of cocoa powder to make a chocolate avocado smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: You can use either plain greek yogurt or plant-based yogurt (like coconut yogurt)
- Vegan: use almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, and substitute honey with maple syrup.
- Use ripe fruits: Using a ripe avocado and banana makes the smoothie creamy, naturally sweet and enhances the flavor.
- Use frozen avocado or banana: This will make your smoothie extra thick, creamy, and colder.
- Use a high-speed blender: This will help to make your smoothie silky-smooth. You will not run into any chunks of fruit in the mouth.
- Drink it immediately: This smoothie is best enjoyed when fresh.
Frequently Asked Questions
This smoothie is best when served fresh, but it can be stored for up to 12 hours if kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator. After that, the avocados and bananas will turn brown, and the texture will change.
The banana adds sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. However, if you don't want to put bananas, simply substitute them with ½ cup of frozen mango.
More Avocado Recipes
- Avocado Paratha
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Avocado Golgappa
- Guacamole Sandwich
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Avocado Papdi Chaat
More Beverage Recipes
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Strawberry Orange Juice
- Dry Fruits Milkshake
- Banana Date Smoothie
- Apple Banana Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy avocado banana smoothie recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Avocado Banana Smoothie
- ½ medium avocado
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- honey or maple syrup adjust to your taste
- handful of ice
- pistachios for garnish (optional)
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve immediately.
- If you are vegan use almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, and honey with maple syrup.
- You can also replace milk with greek yogurt (skip if vegan).
- You can also add seasonal fruits like mango, blueberries, strawberries along with avocados and bananas in this smoothie.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to make a chocolate avocado smoothie recipe.
- If you are drinking this smoothie post-workout add 1 scoop of protein powder and blend.
- To make it healthier add a handful of fresh spinach or kale and chia seeds while blending.