Instant Pot Broken Wheat Pulao Video Recipe Below
I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I can earn a small commission if you purchase through the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Instant Pot Broken Wheat Pulao Recipe Card Below
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup Broken wheat/Bulgur/Dalia/Cracked Wheat
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 small Tomato chopped
- 2 Green chilies chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced Ginger-garlic
- 2 cups Mixed vegetables (carrots,bean,green peas,broccoli)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin/Jeera seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro/Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 cups Water
- salt,as per taste
- Press SAUTE mode(Normal) on Instant Pot. Add oil in to the POT.
- Once POT is hot add in the Cumin/Jeera,green chillies.Saute for 20 secs.
- Add the chopped onions,minced ginger-garlic .Saute till onions turn light brown in color.
- Then add tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes till tomato turns soft.
- Then add mixed vegetables,cook for a minute.
- Add turmeric,garam masala,coriander powder ,broken wheat,salt and water and mix well.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
- Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.
- Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes.
- Wait for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE(NPR)(Wait until silver button on lid drops).BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM.
- Once the pressure has released, open the lid,add cilantro, juice of half lemon and mix well.
- Broken wheat pulao is ready, serve with yogurt,raita.
- 1.You can use any vegetables of your choice for making this Pula0 like potato,bell pepper,cauliflower etc.