I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I can earn a small commission if you purchase through the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
You can also try my other INSTANT POT recipes like
Instant Pot Rice Kheer/Pudding Video Recipe
Instant Pot Rice Kheer/Pudding Recipe Card
- 5 cups,Milk(full fat preferable)
- 1/2 cup, Basmati Rice(short grain rice also can be used)
- 1/2-3/4 cup, Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon, Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup, Almonds,sliced
- 2 tablespoon, Pistachios, sliced
- 1 tablespoon,saffron soaked in warm milk (optional)
- Put milk and rice in the instant pot.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
- Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 20 minutes
- Do a NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE(NPR) .Roughly wait for 10-12 minutes after POT beeps(Wait until silver button on lid drops).BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
- Press Saute mode again since the kheer/pudding is soupy/thin consistency at this stage.
- Then add sugar,almonds,pistachios,cardamom powder,saffron and mix it well.
- Boil it for another 2-3 minutes or until kheer thickens.
- Stir Continuously
- Rice Kheer/Pudding is Ready.
- Let it cool, it will thicken as it stands.Serve hot or chilled.
- 1.For Vegans substitute dairy milk with almond milk.
- 2.Can replace sugar with jaggery or brown sugar.
- 3.If you dont have cardamom ,replace with 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 4.For Indian Pressure Cooker,same recipe can be followed with 2 whistles.