I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I can earn a small commission if you purchase through the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
You can also try my other INSTANT POT recipes like
Instant pot Carrot Halwa|Gajar Ka Halwa Video Recipe
Instant pot Carrot Halwa|Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe Card
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter OR coconut oil
- 2 cups, peeled and grated carrot or 4 medium sized carrot
- 1 cup full fat milk OR almond milk
- 1/2 cup, sugar (adjust as per your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon, cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon sliced almonds or pistachios (for garnish)
- Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add ghee or coconut oil in to the POT.
- Then add grated/shredded carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until raw smell of carrots disappear.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
- Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes.
- Do a QUICK RELEASE(QR)(Wait until silver button on lid drops).BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM.
- Open the lid and Turn the pot to SAUTE(HIGH) again.
- Cook mixture for 3-4 minutes until 75% of the milk is reduced.stir in between to avoid from burning.
- Then add sugar,cardamom powder and cook until all the milk has been reduced(evaporated).It appx takes another 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced almonds or pistachios.
- Serve carrot halwa not,warm or you can also serve it cold.
- 1.Vegans can replace ghee with coconut oil.
- 2.Vegans can use almond milk in place of dairy milk.
- 3.You can also add other dry fruits like cashew-nuts,raisin,pistachios.
- 4.Can reduce sugar if you want it to be lighter version.