Today's Lunchbox is Paneer fried rice. Whenever I feel bored with normal lunch box items and if I have Paneer in stock, one of the dishes which I prefer to cook is Paneer Fried Rice. It's very simple but healthy and tasty.
I make this for both Dhwani's and our lunchbox for the office. For people who do not know, Paneer is an Indian Cottage Cheese prepared by adding food acid, such as lemon juice, vinegar to hot milk to separate the curds from the whey and then draining the curds in muslin or cheesecloth to remove excess water.
If your kids dont like paneer and you can use crumbled paneer for this recipe.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #14 - Paneer Fried Rice + Mixed Nuts + Little Heart Biscuit
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Paneer Fried Rice - Quick & healthy rice recipe made with paneer and mixed vegetables. I have also added tomato ketchup in a small container.
Paneer Fried Rice for Kids
Measurement Cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice (short grain rice also can be used)
- ¾ cup paneer (cottage cheese),cubed
- ¾ cup mix veggies (carrot,beans,capsicum,corn)
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce (i dint add in this recipe)
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil or any cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 tbsp spring onions (optional)
- In a large pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until aromatic.Then add onion saute till they get light golden brown.
- Then add paneer and mix veggies and stir fry until they are tender but crisp.If you can also add fried paneer to this recipe.
- Next add cooked rice ,crushed black pepper, salt and stir well until combined.T.On high heat toss for 1-2 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) and chopped spring onions (or scallions). Enjoy
- If your kids don't like paneer you can use crumbled paneer.
- You can replace paneer with tofu if you are a vegan.
SNACK - Mix Nuts - I have added some unsalted cashews, almonds, pistachios, and pecan.
SNACK - Little Heart Biscuit - These biscuits used to be one of my favorite in my childhood and my daughter loves them too.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- Cut mix vegetables and paneer previous evening and refrigerate in a airtight container.This saves a lot of time in the morning.
You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.