One Minute Quinoa Instant Pot is a simple and quick method of cooking quinoa in a pressure cooker.Try this today!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I can earn a small commission if you purchase through the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
- Instant pot Quinoa Bisibelebath
- Instant Pot Quinoa Pulao
- Quinoa Vegetable Biryani
- Curd Quinoa
- Lemon Quinoa
Tips for Perfect Instant Pot Quinoa
- Use less water – Use appropriate amount of water else quinoa will turn mushy.
- Rinse Quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve, if desired (most brands come pre-rinsed to remove bitter coating called saponin).
- Add a pinch of salt to flavor your quinoa right from the get go.But its optional.
- You can Double the recipe to make more ~ 2 cup Quinoa, 2.5 cups Water and 1 tsp Salt, and cook for the same amount of time.
- Leftover quinoa keeps well, refrigerated for 2 to 3 days. Make sure it has be cooled to room temperature before covering and chilling. You can also portion the quinoa into freezer bags and freeze the quinoa until you’re ready for it.
How to Freeze Quinoa
This is a perfect recipe to make extra of and freeze for future use.I never do this myself, since it is so simple to make it in instant pot in few minutes.
1.Prepare Quinoa as per Recipe directions
2.Allow to cool completely
3.Freeze them in freezer safe bags or containers
4.Thaw them before using in salads or a side dish.
Dont Have an Instant Pot ?
No worries,you can still cook quinoa in stove top pressure cooker or on a stove top pan.
IN TRADITIONAL STOVE TOP PRESSURE COOKER:Pressure cook the rinsed quinoa with 1.5 cups of water for 2 whistles on medium low heat .Let the pressure release naturally.
ON STOVETOP IN A VESSEL:Cook the rinsed quinoa with 2 cup of water on medium low heat until cooked and let it cool a bit.
One Minute Quinoa Instant Pot Detailed Video Recipe
One Minute Quinoa Instant Pot Detailed Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
One Minute Quinoa Instant Pot
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 240ml
- 1 cup rinsed and drained Quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste optional
- Rinse the Quinoa to remove the natural coating, called saponin, which can make it taste bitter or soapy.Drain excess water.
- In the Instant Pot, add water ,quinoa and salt.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve to SEALING position.
- Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) for 1 minute. Once the pot beeps, let it release the pressure naturally(NPR) for 10 minutes (Wait until silver button on lid drops).
- Remove lid away from you and fluff quinoa with a fork or serving spoon.
- Perfect Quinoa is ready to serve immediately or place into freezer bags for long-term freezer storage.
2. Double the recipe to make more ~ 2 cup Quinoa, 2.5 cups Water and 1 tsp Salt, and cook for the same amount of time. 3.I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.