One Minute Quinoa Instant Pot
I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I can earn a small commission if you purchase through the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
One Minute Quinoa Instant Pot Detailed Video Recipe Below
One Minute Quinoa Instant Pot Detailed Recipe Card Below
- One Minute Quinoa Instant PotServings: 2Ingredients
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 180ml
- 1 cup rinsed and drained Quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water
- salt optional
Rinse the Quinoa to remove the natural coating, called saponin, which can make it taste bitter or soapy.
Drain excess water.
In the Instant Pot, add water ,quinoa and salt.
Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve to SEALING position.
Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) for 1 minute. Once the pot beeps, let it release the pressure naturally(NPR) for 10 minutes (Wait until silver button on lid drops).
Remove lid away from you and fluff quinoa with a fork or serving spoon.
Perfect Quinoa is ready to serve immediately or place into freezer bags for long-term freezer storage.
1. Rinse Quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve, if desired (most brands come pre-rinsed to remove bitter coating called saponin).
2. Double the recipe to make more ~ 2 cup Quinoa, 2.5 cups Water and 1 tsp Salt, and cook for the same amount of time.