Looking for some healthy Quinoa recipes? Here are 10+ Indian Quinoa Recipes that can be easily prepared in an Instant pot pressure cooker or stovetop for lunch or dinner.
Have you tried replacing rice with Quinoa yet? asked my friend. After our conversation, I got so motivated that, I went ahead and got a huge pack of Quinoa. Now I don't know what to do with it 😢 Does this situation sound very familiar? I am sure, many of you would have gone through this. Don't get stressed or worry about it.
Here you can find a variety of Quinoa Recipes Vegetarian and hey listen to the best part - you will surely not miss the Indian flavor. I have personally replaced rice in these recipes & don't miss it anymore. But keep in mind, it may take some time for you to get adjusted to its taste, it is for sure an "Acquired taste". I will definitely keep adding to this Quinoa collection in the days to come.
I promise to keep updating this Quinoa recipes Indian collection with more such delicious recipes.
- What is Quinoa?
- Health Benefits of Quinoa
- Is Quinoa better than Rice?
- Is quinoa Gluten-free?
- Is quinoa good for weight loss?
- Which quinoa is the best?
- 10+ Best Quinoa Recipes
- Quinoa Upma Recipe
- Vegetable Quinoa Lentil Soup - Instant Pot
- Quinoa Bisibelebath - Pressure Cooker
- Quinoa Pulao / Pilaf - Instant Pot & Stovetop
- Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe
- Vegetable Quinoa Biryani
- Indian Style Lemon Quinoa
- Curd (Yogurt) Quinoa
- Quinoa Khichdi Recipe in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- One Minute Quinoa Instant Pot
- More Recipe Collections to try
- Healthy Quinoa Recipes
- Pin It For Later
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah or ke-NO-ah) is often described as a "superfood" or a "supergrain," is not actually a grain, but a seed. It grows from a plant in the goosefoot family and is considered very healthy - it contains all nine essential amino acids and is a great source of protein. There are many types of quinoa available in the market, most popular being creamy white, red, and black. They open up to release little white curls (like a tail) as they soften.
Health Benefits of Quinoa
- Very High in Protein, With All the Essential Amino Acids
- Very High in Fiber, Much Higher Than Most Grains
- Gluten-Free and Perfect for People With Gluten Intolerance.
- Has a Low Glycemic Index, Which is Good for Blood Sugar Control
- Quinoa appears to be very high in antioxidants. Sprouting increases their antioxidant levels even further. - Source Healthline
Is Quinoa better than Rice?
Both food's calories come primarily from their carbohydrate content, and a serving of brown rice or quinoa offers 39 or 44.8 grams of carbohydrates, respectively. However, quinoa offers more dietary fiber and protein than brown rice.
|1 CUP COOKED||CALORIES||FAT (G)||CARBS (G)||FIBER (G)||PROTEIN (G)|
Is quinoa Gluten-free?
Yes. Quinoa is naturally gluten-free.
Is quinoa good for weight loss?
Absolutely Yes. It is high in protein, fiber and has a low glycemic index. These properties have all been linked to weight loss.
Which quinoa is the best?
For day-to-day cooking white quinoa is my favorite. I use white quinoa as a rice replacement in many recipes as its texture is super light and fluffy. I mostly use red or black quinoa in salads.
10+ Best Quinoa Recipes
Let’s have a look at the 10+ Vegetarian/Vegan Indian Quinoa Recipes
Which of these Quinoa Indian vegetarian recipes did you give a try? Share your feedback with us in the comments below.
More Recipe Collections to try
- 60+ Healthy Kids Lunch Box Recipes
- 25+ Instant Pot Indian Rice Recipes
- 8 Healthy Toddler Indian Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Types of Easy Dry Chutney Powder Recipes
- 40+ Keto Indian Food Recipes
- 18+ Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Healthy Quinoa Recipes
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.