Vegetable Quinoa Fried Rice recipe is an easy, healthy and delicious Indian Chinese style stir-fried dish that can be prepared with leftover quinoa in just 20 minutes and makes a great weeknight or lunchbox meal that everyone will love. Vegan and kid-approved!
Going to a nearby Sagar restaurant, ordering Gobi Manchurian and Noodles or Vegetable Fried rice, was almost a weekly routine during our stay in Bangalore. Lately, there has been so much focus on cutting down on rice in your daily meal. Cauliflower rice & Quinoa have been gaining a lot of popularity as a replacement for rice. That's how I ended up coming up with these Cauliflower fried rice and Quinoa Fried rice recipes.
This quinoa veggie fried rice is super healthy & you can stuff a lot of veggies in it based on your mood. I keep adding different vegetables each time, I make this quinoa fried rice recipe.
A nutritious wholesome meal that you can pack in lunch boxes or make for quick-fix lunch or dinner. You can also make it in a big quantity as meal prep and reheat when you are ready to serve. What are your favorite meals to prep for the week?
How to Make Quinoa Fried Rice
Firstly, cook the quinoa and allow it to cool completely. You may want to keep the quinoa in the refrigerator to get an extra firm texture. I generally cook the Quinoa in an Instant Pot as it very easy and every time we get a perfect fluffy separated grain. You can also use a stovetop pot to cook the quinoa.
In a skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame or olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 secs or until aromatic.
Then add onions and green chili and cook about 2 minutes till onions turn soft.
Add carrots, colored bell peppers (capsicum), broccoli, green beans and stir fry on high flame till the vegetables are cooked and tender.
Then add soy sauce, vinegar and saute on high flame stirring regularly without getting burnt.
Add the cooked quinoa, salt, ground black pepper to this and gently mix it evenly. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle sliced spring onions on Indian Style vegetable fried rice with quinoa recipe just before serving.
What to serve with Quinoa Fried Rice?
Variations for Making Quinoa Fried Rice
- Protein: Add ½ cup of crumbled paneer (cottage cheese), scrambled tofu, or eggs.
- Vegetables: Add vegetables of your choice. You can also add mushrooms.
- Greens: Stir in some spinach leaves or kale towards the end of the cooking time.
- Spicy: Add either crushed red pepper flakes or a few teaspoons of sriracha or schezwan sauce.
- Oil: You can also use coconut oil. But to get a classic fried rice taste use sesame oil.
- Keto: Replace quinoa with cauliflower rice. You can also add edamame to the keto diet.
It can be stored for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat it in the microwave or wok until warm, before serving again.
More Indian Quinoa Recipes
More Fried Rice Recipes
- Pineapple Fried rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Paneer Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Fried rice
- Mushroom Fried Rice
- Sweet Corn Fried Rice
Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 tablespoon sesame Or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green chillies slit lengthwise
- ¼ cup onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup carrot diced
- ¼ cup green beans diced
- ½ cup colored bell pepper (red, green)
- ¼ cup broccoli
- 2 teaspoon soya sauce (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar Or apple cider (optional)
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- few spring onions for garnish
- Cook the quinoa and allow it to cool completely.If you want you can keep the quinoa in the refrigerator to get extra firm.
- In a skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame or olive oil over medium high heat.Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 secs or until aromatic.
- Then add onions and green chilli and cook about 2 minutes till onions turn soft.
- Add carrots ,colored bell peppers (capsicum) ,broccoli ,green beans and stir fry on high flame till the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Then add soy sauce ,vinegar and saute on high flame stirring regularly without getting burnt.
- Add the cooked quinoa, salt and ground black pepper to this and gently mix it evenly.Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle sliced spring onions just before serving.
Other recipe collections to try from My Blog