This Air Fryer Roasted Zucchini squash recipe is an easy, healthy, and delicious side dish or appetizer. Vegan, low carb, keto, paleo, and gluten-free.
I used my Instant Vortex Plus 6 Quart Air Fryer for this recipe. I love this because you can get the food in a single layer all at once, and dinner is ready in 30 minutes or less. Any air fryer brand like Cosori 5.8QT, Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven, Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Duo Crisp works here.
- Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
- Roasted Zucchini Ingredients
- How to Cook Zucchini in Air Fryer
- How to Roast Zucchini in the Oven
- Serving Suggestion
- Storing & Reheating
- Expert Tips to make Air Fryer Zucchini
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Squash and Zucchini Recipes
- More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
- Ready in less than 10 minutes.
- Healthy and easy to make.
- Great way to use up the abundance of summer zucchini.
- A great side dish pairs well with any main course, protein, or side.
- Toss it into salads, pasta, tacos, or buddha bowls.
- Vegan, Paleo, Dairy-free, Low carb, and Keto Friendly.
Roasted Zucchini Ingredients
You will only need a few basic ingredients to make this roasted zucchini recipe.
- Zucchini - Choose fresh, firm squash for this recipe. You don't have to peel the skin.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – adds richness and is ideal for roasting to soften and brown. You may also use avocado or grapeseed oil.
- Seasonings – Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, kosher salt, and pepper.
How to Cook Zucchini in Air Fryer
Cut the zucchini into ½-inch cubes for even and quick cooking.
Season the Zucchini
Transfer the diced zucchini to a medium-sized bowl. Add olive oil and season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss them well, so they are all coated with the seasoning.
Air Fry the Zucchini
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Add the seasoned zucchini to the air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer (cook in batches if required).
Air fryer zucchini at 400°F (200°C) for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned and roasted. Shake the basket halfway through.
Serve the Roasted Zucchini immediately.
How to Roast Zucchini in the Oven
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Transfer the seasoned zucchini to a baking sheet.
Spread them evenly in a single layer and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are slightly browned and roasted (time may vary based on the size of your cubes). You may have to turn them once halfway through.
This air-fried roasted zucchini can be enjoyed as a side dish with sandwiches or in tacos or bowls. They can also be added to salads or enjoyed as an appetizer.
Storing & Reheating
- In The Fridge: Leftover roasted zucchini keeps well in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
- In The Freezer: Keep the roasted zucchini in a single layer on parchment paper lined on a baking sheet and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: To reheat your zucchini, Air fry at 350°F for about 2 minutes or microwave them for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Expert Tips to make Air Fryer Zucchini
- Dice them into the same size: This helps for quick and even cooking.
- Cook in batches: Make sure to spread the diced zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer basket without overcrowding so that the veggies don't steam. Cook in batches if needed.
- Shake the basket halfway: It's important to shake the basket halfway through to allow the zucchini to be cooked evenly.
- Serve them right away: These crispy roasted zucchini get soggy as they sit and cool.
- The exact cooking time will vary based on the air fryer being used.
- Seasonings: I used dried Italian herbs here, feel free to use Cajun seasoning, Taco seasoning, or any seasoning of your choice.
- Fresh Herbs: You may also add freshly minced herbs like dill, basil, oregano, and thyme to the roasted zucchini.
- Bump up Veggies: Make a mixed roasted vegetable by adding some quick roasting veggies, like broccoli, cauliflower, onions, or bell peppers, to the mix.
- Make it Spicier: If you want some kick, add red chili flakes or red chili powder Chili Roasted Zucchini.
- Summer Squash: Feel free to mix yellow summer squash along with zucchini in this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, There is no need to peel zucchini as it's rich in nutrients. Just wash it before using it.
Make sure to spread the diced zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer basket without overcrowding. This helps the hot air to circulate to the zucchini and brown. If you crowd the basket, they will steam and not roast.
Yes, summer squash (yellow zucchini squash) works well for roasting. Just follow the same instructions.
Feel free to use any of your favorite seasonings and spices like
Garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs, and red pepper flakes.
Ground cumin, garlic powder, and red chili powder.
More Squash and Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini Stir Fry
- Cream of Zucchini Soup
- Zucchini Dal
- Indian Zucchini Curry
- Zucchini Besan Sabji
- Zucchini Pakoda
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Perfect Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
If you’ve tried this air fryer roasted zucchini recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Air Fryer Zucchini
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the zucchini into ½-inch cubes for even and quick cooking.
- Transfer the diced zucchini to a medium-sized bowl. Add olive oil and season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss them well, so they are all coated with the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Add the seasoned zucchini to the air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer (cook in batches if required).
- Air fryer them at 400°F (200°C) for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned and roasted. Shake the basket halfway through.
- Serve the Roasted Zucchini immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Transfer the seasoned zucchini to a baking sheet.Spread them evenly in a single layer and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are slightly browned and roasted (time may vary based on the size of your cubes). You may have to turn them once halfway through.
I love it.
Bhavana Patil says
Thank you SK 😊