This healthy High Protein Chickpea Cucumber Tomato Salad recipe is simple and ready in minutes made with fresh vegetables, herbs, simple dressing. This salad is an excellent side dish and is Vegetarian + Vegan.
5 Reasons you'll love this Chickpea Salad Recipe
- It's protein-packed, vegetarian, and vegan
- It’s easy to make!
- Uses healthy ingredients!
- It’s super refreshing with fresh flavors!
- It actually fills you up – satisfying!
Salads like this one and my Cucumber Salad with Greek Dressing are easy to whip up and don’t require any cooking, and comes together in 15 minutes.
I also like to add avocado slices to this salad to make it more healthy. Check my favorite Avocado Cucumber Salad from my blog.
For the weekly meal-prep, I usually cook chickpeas using the pressure cooker in big batches and then freeze the cooked chickpeas in 1.5-2 cups quantity and use in recipes instead of canned chickpeas.
If you love Lentils & Beans and looking for more Instant Pot Indian Recipes? Here are my 22+ Instant Pot lentils & Beans Recipes you must try.
- Chickpeas: aka garbanzo beans. You can use canned or cooked chickpeas. If using canned, then drain and rinse it. I have cooked the dried chickpeas using Instant Pot Chickpeas method.
- Cucumber: I used Persian cucumber, English cucumbers work too.
- Tomatoes: I used Roma but cherry tomatoes work too.
- Onion: red onion works best in salads so that’s what I used.
- Herbs: I used cilantro but feel free to use dill leaves or some parsley or other fresh herbs you have.
- Olive oil: extra virgin works best
- Lime juice: I used the juice of half lime. Feel free to increase or decrease according to your preference.
- Seasoning: salt, black pepper
How to Make Chickpea Salad
In a large bowl, add chickpeas, cucumber, onions ,tomatoes, cilantro.
Then drizzle some olive oil, squeeze fresh lime juice and add seasonings like salt and ground black pepper.
Toss everything well and serve chickpea cucumber tomato salad immediately.
Chickpea Tomato Salad can be refrigerated in an airtight glass container for up to 1 day.
- You can add hearty veggies of your choice like boiled sweet potatoes, bell pepper, avocado, lettuce to this vegan chickpea salad.
- Add some baby mozzarella cheese if you wish to.
- You can also make this oil-free salad by not adding oil for dressing.
More Salad Recipes
- Chickpea Salad with Yogurt dressing
- Avocado Corn Salad
- Avocado Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Mango Black Bean Salad
- Boiled Peanut Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Southwestern Salad with Avocado dressing
More Chickpea Recipes
Chickpea Salad Recipe
Measuring cup used [1 cup = 250ml]
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas (about 15 oz)
- 1 cup persian cucumber cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup onions diced
- 1 cup tomato dee-seeded ,cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half lime
- black pepper & salt to taste
- In a large bowl, add chickpeas, cucumber, onions ,tomatoes, cilantro.
- Then drizzle some olive oil, squeeze fresh lime juice and add seasonings like salt and ground black pepper.
- Toss everything well and serve immediately.
- You can add hearty veggies of your choice like boiled sweet potatoes, bell pepper, avocado.
- You can also add some baby mozzarella cheese.
- You can also make this oil free salad by not adding oil for dressing.