Dry Coconut Chutney Powder Video Recipe Below
Dry Coconut Chutney Powder Recipe Card Below
Dry Coconut Chutney Powder|Side Dish For Idli/Dosa/Rice
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup dry grated coconut powder
- 1 or 2 tablespoon fried gram/putani/roasted channa dal/daliya
- 1.5 tablespoon Red chili powder (adjust as per your spice level)
- 2-3 lines Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin/jeera seed
- 3 Garlic cloves(USA) or 1.5 full bulb if it is Indian garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Jaggery
- little Tamarind
- Salt as per your taste
- Heat a pan or kadhai add curry leaves and dry roast on medium flame until they turn dry and crispy.Cool Completely.
- In same pan ,dry roast dry grated coconut on low flame for 30 secs till you they turn very light brown in color. Transfer it to another plate.cool completely.
- In a blender/Mixer grinder add all the ingredients mentioned in the ingredients section.
- Dry grind it using pulse mode and make it a coarse powder.
- Transfer it back to the plate, mix it well.Yields 1 cup of dry coconut chutney powder.
- Store it in an air tight container. Serve it with roti or chapathi.
- You can store it for 15 days in a dry place and stays fresh on refrigerating for 1 month
- Dry coconut can release oil while blending no need to worry.
- You can dry roast curry leaves in microwave for 90-120 secs.
- Jaggery is optional ,You can make spicy chutney powder without adding it too.
- My chutney powder is extra red color because i used freshly made red chili powder from byadagi chillies.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/