Paneer Uttapam Recipe – A delicious ,nutritious and wholesome breakfast recipe
Soft and savory uttapam/pancakes topped up with grated paneer, carrots, onion,tomatoes and freshly chopped chillies and coriander.
I usually make uttapam from leftover idli/dosa batter.The main difference between uttapam and dosa is that uttapams are slightly thicker than dosas and topped up with different savory toppings. In this recipe we have topped it with some India cheese which is nothing but fresh paneer and some vegetables to add to the crunch.
If you are looking for more Dosa recipes here are some:Pav Bhaji Dosa , Spinach Paneer Dosa Pizza
The toppings are usually added to the uttapam as it cooks on the griddle/tawa, so they cook along with the batter. Uttapam is also a common street food and healthy too since it is rich in carbohydrates, and contains no sugar or saturated fats. Use less oil while preparing and load up on the vegetables to keep them healthier.
furthermore, some important tips for a perfect uttapam recipe. Prepare the batter with 3:1 ratio of rice and urad dal. I have used normal sona masuri rice, however you can use any idli rice or dosa rice. i do not recommend to use basmati rice or brown rice for this recipe.lastly, if you are using a idli batter than make sure the batter is bit thin but comparatively thicker to dosa batter.
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes then do check Hariyali Poha,Karnataka Style Mandakki Usli,Spicy Tawa Idli
Paneer Uttapam Video Recipe is Below
Recipe card for Paneer Uttapam Recipe
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- • 2-3 cups,Dosa Batter
- • 1/2 cup,grated Paneer/Cottage Cheese
- • 1/4 cup, chopped Onion
- • 1/4 cup,chopped Tomato
- • 1/4 cup,grated Carrot
- • 2,Green chillies
- • 2 tablespoon,Coriander leaves
- • 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- • 1 spring,curry leaves (optional)
- • oil
- • 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- First make Dosa batter.I used leftover dosa batter
- Heat a pan/tawa on medium flame.
- Add a little oil and pour a ladleful of the batter. Spread evenly slightly thick.
- Sprinkle paneer-veg topping on uttapam.
- Add oil around the edges and close lid.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes till base is brown.
- After a minute or two,flip uttapam and let it cook till onions are caramelized and crisp.
- Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
- 1. Varry the vegetables according to your preferences to make mix veg uttapam more healthy.