Paneer Uttapam Recipe is a delicious ,nutritious and wholesome breakfast recipe.Soft and savory uttapam/pancakes topped up with grated paneer, carrots, onion ,tomatoes and freshly chopped chillies and coriander.
I usually make uttapam from leftover idli/dosa batter.The main difference between uttapam and dosa is that uttapams are slightly thicker than dosas and topped up with different savory toppings. In this recipe we have topped it with some India cheese which is nothing but fresh paneer and some vegetables to add to the crunch.
If you are looking for more Dosa recipes here are some:
The toppings are usually added to the uttapam as it cooks on the griddle/tawa, so they cook along with the batter. Uttapam is also a common street food and healthy too since it is rich in carbohydrates, and contains no sugar or saturated fats. Use less oil while preparing and load up on the vegetables to keep them healthier.
Furthermore, some important tips for a perfect uttapam recipe. Prepare the batter with 3:1 ratio of rice and urad dal. I have used normal sona masuri rice, however you can use any idli rice or dosa rice.lastly, if you are using a idli batter than make sure the batter is bit thin but comparatively thicker to dosa batter.
This is a great Lunch box recipe for kids.Its healthy and tasty.I usually make mini paneer uttapam to pack for kids lunchbox.
Mini Paneer Uttapam + Tomato Ketchup + Carrot Sticks
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes then do check
Paneer Uttapam Recipe Video Recipe
Paneer Uttapam Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Paneer Uttapam Recipe
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2-3 cups Dosa Batter
- 1/2 cup grated Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped Tomato
- 1/4 cup grated Carrot
- 2 Green chillies ,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves ,finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala optional
- 1 sprig curry leaves (optional) ,finely chopped
- salt adjust to taste
- First prepare Dosa batter.I used leftover dosa batter for this recipe.
- In a bowl mix everything together except dosa batter.
- Heat a pan/tawa on medium flame.Add a little oil and pour a ladleful of the batter. Spread evenly slightly thick.
- Sprinkle paneer-veg topping on uttapam.
- Add oil around the edges and close lid.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes till base is brown.
- After a minute or two,flip uttapam and let it cook till onions are caramelized and crisp.
- Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.