Vegetable Sambar Instant Pot Video Recipe Below
Vegetable Sambar Instant Pot Recipe Card Below
Vegetable Sambar Instant Pot
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup Toor dal/Split Pigeon Pea washed
- 2 cups mix vegetables (carrot,beans,potato)
- 1 large sized Tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Sambar powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ,Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ,Red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Tamarind Concentrate *See Notes
- 1/4 cup Coconut paste (optional) *See Notes
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro/Coriander leaves to garnish
- 2 tablespoon Oil/Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin/Jeera Seeds
- 8-10 Fresh curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida/Hing
- Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add oil and once it's hot add mustard seeds,cumin,curry leaves and asafetida,let it splutter.
- Add mix vegetables,tomatoes and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Then add washed toor dal(lentils),sambar powder,turmeric powder,tamarind extract,salt,coconut paste and water.Mix well.
- Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
- Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 8 minutes
- Do a NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE(NPR) (Wait until silver button on lid drops).BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
- Remove lid away from you,garnish with Cilantro.
- Mix well and adjust consistency and spice level.Increase accordingly.
- Serve with Rice.
- 1.Blend 1/4 cup fresh/frozen coconut with little water to make smooth coconut paste.
- 2.To make tamarind paste,soak lemon sized tamarind in hot water,squeeze and extract the juice.
- 3.Sambar Powder is easily available in indian grocery stores or amazon (http://amzn.to/2G0Eeck).
- 4.If you like your sambar to be more spicy add 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- 5.You can also add vegetables like pumpkin,drumstick,eggplant etc.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/