Capsicum Rice recipe is an easy, quick and flavorful dish.
Capsicum Rice|Capsicum Masala Rice|Bell Pepper Rice Recipe Card Below
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
- Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 4 teaspoons Split Black gram/Urad Dal
- 4 teaspoons Bengal Gram/Chana Dal
- 4 teaspoons Coriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek/Methi seeds
- 1 " 2-3 Cinnamon/ dalchini - pieces
- 8 Cloves/ Lavang
- 2 teaspoon Dry Coconut ( optional )
- 12 - 14 nos Dry Red Chillis Guntur + byadgi mixed-for color n spice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2.5 cups cooked rice (any variety)
- 1/4 cup sliced onions (optional)
- 1.5 cups ,mixed bell pepper/capsicum you can add or reduce quantity based on personal preference
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon split urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera/cumin powder
- a pinch hing/asafoetida
- 1 spring Curry Leaves
- 1/4 cup tamarind water (lemon sized )
- 1/2 teaspoon jaggery
Add teaspoon of oil,roast chana dal and dry red chilled for 4-5 minutes till chillies puff up.
Then add remaining ingredients except coconut and saute until they turn brown ,roughly takes 4-5 minutes.
Turn off the flame and add dry coconut and mix well.(coconut gets roasted in the heat)
Cool the contents and blend them to a smooth powder.
Store in a air tight container.
Add oil in a kadai,when its hot add mustard seeds,urad dal,jeera,hing,curry leaves and saute.
Then add onions,bell pepper/capsicum and cook until they turn soft .
After that add tamarind water,prepared vangibath/masala powder ,jaggery and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes (until oil leaves kadai)
Add cooked rice ,salt and corainder leaves and mix well.
Close lid and cook for another 3-4 minutes and finally garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with raita .
If you want, you can omit dry coconut .This further increases shelf life . You can add at the time of making vangi bath.
You can also plus or minus the cloves and cinnamon quantity depending on your preference.
Make vangibath powder in small quantities, so you can retain its freshness and flavor.
You can store the vangibath powder for many months. It may, however, lose its flavor after about 2 months.
Similar Rice Recipes
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.