Raw Mango Rice is a mild and tangy rice made from raw mangoes.This is Karnataka style rice recipe.
Also try this easy Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Lemon Rice recipe from my blog.
RAW MANGO RICE |MAVINAKAYI CHITRANNA VIDEO RECIPE
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE OTHER RICE RECIPES
RAW MANGO RICE |MAVINAKAYI CHITRANNA RECIPE CARD
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Raw Mango Rice/Mavinakayi Chitranna
- Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 cups cooked rice , i used basmati rice
- ½ cup peeled & grated mango (1 medium raw mango)
- 2 green chilies
- 3 dry red chillies
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 2 tablespoon peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon hing/asafoetida
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (garnish)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- Wash the rice and cook the rice in a pressure cooker or electric cooker. Once cooked, spread the rice in a bowl so that it cools.
- In a kadai/wok add oil,once it heats up ,add mustard seeds. Once the seeds stop popping, add in the chana dal and urad dal.
- Also add curry leaves,dry red chilli ,green chillies and saute till dals are slightly roasted.
- Furthurmore add hing,grated mango,turmeric and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.Once cooked turn off the gas.
- Now add salt,cooked rice ,roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.