You will find a list of 12+ best Indian vegetarian millet recipes that are healthy, easy to make, and packed with nutrition. From savory dishes to desserts, millets offer a wide range of possibilities for adding to your diet.
Here, you will find easy and delicious healthy Millets (Siridhanya) Indian recipes, including breakfast, lunch, and snack recipes for your family.
- What are Millets (Siridhanya)?
- Health Benefits of Millets?
- Types Of Millets
- 12+ Indian Vegetarian Millet Recipes
- Instant Pot Millets
- Little Millet Upma (Samai Upma)
- Little Millet Lemon Rice (Samai Lemon Rice)
- Bajra Khichdi Recipe | How to make Bajra Khichdi
- Foxtail Millet Pongal
- Millet Curd Rice
- Foxtail Millet Fried Rice
- Foxtail Millet Salad
- Millet Pulao Recipe (Kodo Millet Pulao)
- Ragi Malt (Ragi Porridge)
- Ragi Banana Date Smoothie
- Ragi Ambli (Ragi Ganji)
- Ragi Soup
- Ragi Makhana Smoothie
- More Recipe Collections
- Millet Recipes
What are Millets (Siridhanya)?
Millets are called Siridhanya in Kannada and are one of the oldest known foods for humans. Millets are Ancient Grains. Mankind has known their nutritional value for centuries. They are naturally gluten–free. Low on carbs and high on fiber. They get digested slowly, giving sustained energy.
Millets are ideal for diabetics looking for an alternative grain to rice. They also help increase the bioavailability of minerals and have strong antioxidant properties. Regular consumption helps in decreasing triglycerides and C-reactive protein.
Health Benefits of Millets?
For humans, they release glucose slowly into the bloodstream, unlike highly processed Rice & wheat, which release it very quickly. Millets are highly nutritious and rich in calcium, protein, fiber, and the list goes on. They are gluten-free, unlike rice and wheat.
- Prevent diabetes
- Healthy heart
- Prevent cancer
- Anti-aging properties
- Balance cholesterol level
- Strengthen bones
- Assist digestion
Types Of Millets
Grains are classified as Positive, Neutral, and Negative. And the Millet range of grains constitutes Positive and Neutral grains.
Among the Positive Millet Grains, which have dietary fiber from 8 % to 12.5 %, are
|Brown Top Millet||Korale|
Whereas Neutral Millet Grains, have a little lesser fiber and other nutrients.
|Great Millet (Sorghum)||Jowar||Bili jola||Jolam||Jonna|
12+ Indian Vegetarian Millet Recipes
Little Millet/Samai Recipes :
Pearl Millet Recipes:
Foxtail Millet Recipes:
Kodo Millet Recipes:
Ragi (Finger Millet) Recipes:
All these recipes are perfect for adding to your millet recipes diet. Try them at home, and let us know how you all liked them in the comments below. For more such recipe ideas, stay tuned!
So do make sure, to bookmark this page by clicking the heart icon ❤️ on the right-hand side.
More Recipe Collections
- 15+ Indian Salad Recipes
- 20+ Indian Drink Recipes
- 75+ Kids Lunch Box Recipes
- 30+ Instant Pot Indian Rice Recipes
- 20+ Indian Air Fryer Recipes
- Healthy Toddler Indian Breakfast Ideas
- 25+ Instant Pot Indian Curry Recipes
- 10+ Best Veg Sandwich Recipes Indian Style
- 10+ Paratha Recipes|Indian FlatBread Recipes
- 30+ Instant Pot Vegetarian Soup Recipes
- 70+ Keto Indian Food Recipes
If you’ve tried this healthy millet recipes recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!