Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala | Paneer Makhani
You may also like my other Paneer Recipes
Paneer Butter Masala Video Recipe
Paneer Butter Masala (Restaurant Style) Recipe Card
Paneer Butter Masala (Restaurant Style)
Here’s an easy recipe for the perfect restaurant style paneer butter masala for all you paneer (cottage cheese) lovers!
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 200 grams,Paneer (cottage cheese),cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large,Tomatoes
- 1 large, onion
- 1 inch,Ginger,chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup,Cashewnuts OR 18-20
- 2,Green cardamoms
- 1 inch stick,Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon,Garam masala powder
- 2-3 tablespoons,fresh cream(full fat)
- 2-3 tablespoons,butter
- 1/2 teaspoon,Cumin/Jeera seeds
- 2 teaspoon,kashmiri red chili powder (i used everest kashmiri lal brand)
- 1.5 tablespoon,dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon,oil
- 1 cup,water
- Put the onions,tomatoes,cashew nuts,ginger, garlic,spices and 1 cup of water into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium flame for at least 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Blend to a smooth puree/paste.
- In a pan, heat the oil,butter,add the jeera and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add kashmiri red chili powder,bay leaf,give a quick stir.
- Then add onion-tomato pureed mixture.Close lid and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paneer, kasoori methi,garam masala,salt.Mix well and bring the mixture to boil.
- Finally, gently stir in the cream and paneer butter masala is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with chapatti, naan,rice and onion slices.
- 1.You can also freeze onion-tomato puree/paste(makhani gravy) and make paneer butter masala when you have less time for cooking.
- 2.If you think gravy is too thick add water or milk accordingly.
- 3.Adding fresh cream gives a rich taste to the gravy ,incase you do not have cream at home then replace with 1/4 cup of full fat milk.
- 4.You can also shallow fry paneer and add to the gravy.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/