I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I can earn a small commission if you purchase through the link at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
INSTANT POT-GHEE RICE Video Recipe below
INSTANT POT-GHEE RICE Recipe card
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 tablespoon, Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1 cup,Basmati Rice
- 1-2,bay leaf
- 2 sticks, Cinnamon
- ½ inched, chopped ginger
- 2-3, slit green chillies
- 10-15, raisins
- Few, cashew nuts
- 2 medium ,sliced Onions
- 2 cups,water
- Press saute mode on Instant Pot. Add ghee and once it's hot add Bay leaf,Cinnamon sticks, Cardamom, Cloves.
- Fry for 30 secs(till aromatic).
- Then add chopped ginger, green chillies, raisins, cashew nuts, sliced onions
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent -stir regularly
- Add salt to speed up the process of cooking
- Add Basmati Rice,water and give a stir .
- Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
- Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes
- Wait for natural pressure release (NPR) (Wait until silver button on lid drops).BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
- Remove lid away from you,garnish with cashew nuts,raisin.
- Ghee Rice is ready.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker on medium heat and once it's hot add Bay leaf,Cinnamon sticks, Cardamom, Cloves.Saute for 30 seconds(till aromatic)
- Then add chopped ginger, green chillies, raisins, cashew nuts. Saute for another 30 secs.
- Add sliced onions and add salt to speed up the process of Cooking.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until onions turn translucent.
- Add Basmati Rice,water and stir well.
- Close the lid of the cooker ,Pressure cook it for 2 whistles on medium heat
- When it is cooled,fluff the rice.
- Ghee Rice is ready
- 1. Ghee rice tastes better when basmati Rice(Long grain rice) is added.