This Cauliflower Rice Fried Rice recipe is delicious and much healthier loaded with flavor, protein, veggies, and healthy fats. It can be prepared in just 15 minutes and makes a great weeknight or lunchbox meal that everyone will love. Cauliflower Rice Fried Rice is Keto, Low carb, Paleo, Whole30 compliant, kid-approved!
Is Cauliflower Rice better than rice?
Cauliflower rice is made from one of the healthiest cruciferous vegetables you can get, so it's loaded with nutrients including fiber, vitamins C, K and B6, and potassium. Cauliflower has 25 calories per cup vs. 218 for a cup of cooked brown rice.
How many carbs are in Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower rice has 5 grams vs 45 grams for a cup of brown rice. One pound of cauliflower yields about 4 cups of cauliflower rice.
Is Cauliflower Fried Rice Keto Friendly?
Yes. You can just skip carrots and green peas in this cauliflower fried rice recipe if you are on Keto Diet. Add vegetables like mushrooms, bell pepper, broccoli. If you are on a Keto or Low Carb Diet, Checkout my Keto Indian Food Recipes Collection.
Variations for making Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Protein: Add ½ cup of crumbled paneer (cottage cheese), scrambled tofu, or eggs. I have added paneer to this recipe.
- Greens: Stir in some spinach leaves or kale towards the end of the cooking time.
- Spicy: Add either crushed red pepper flakes or a few teaspoons of sriracha or schezwan sauce.
- Oil: You can also use coconut oil or olive oil instead of sesame oil for this recipe
- Keto: Skip carrot and peas to make this dish keto-friendly. You can also add bell pepper, broccoli, or edamame for the keto diet.
- Paleo & Whole 30: Use Coconut Aminos which is a paleo and Whole30 friendly equivalent of soy sauce. You can skip paneer as well if you are following a strict paleo diet.
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
Firstly separate cauliflower into florets and stalks. Wash thoroughly. Mince or grate florets with the help of a grater or food processor to resemble fine rice (Skip this step if using 'ready to cook' cauliflower rice).
In a skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil over medium high heat.
Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 secs or until aromatic.
Then add onions, carrots, beans, peas and cook about 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Add cauliflower rice, crumbled paneer (cottage cheese), and stir fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Note paneer is optional I have added it for extra protein.
Then add soy sauce, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well and turn off the heat.
Sprinkle sliced spring onions and sesame seeds just before serving.
What to serve with Cauliflower Fried Rice?
Cauliflower Fried Rice can be served with sriracha sauce or some Manchurian gravy. If you dont prefer sides then it can be eaten as it is.
- Make sure the heat is medium-high to high heat while stir-frying.
- Don’t cover the pan. This causes the cauliflower to steam and worsens the smell.
- Don’t overcook the cauliflower rice. It will get mushy, and it will smell, too.
- Add soya sauce, in the end, prevents it from absorbing too much into the cauliflower and making it too mushy.
- Try to use low sodium soya sauce and if you are looking for gluten-free use Tamari or also Coconut Aminos replaces the soy sauce and it’s the best!
More Low Carb Recipes
- Cauliflower Poha
- Cauliflower Upma
- Keto Dosa|Almond flour dosa/crepe
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Broccoli Poriyal
Cauliflower Fried Rice|Low Carb Recipe
measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower riced (about 3.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil or coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup mix vegetables (carrot ,green beans and peas)
- ½ cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese) or tofu
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce (use tamari for gluten free if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon sliced spring (green) onions
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Firstly separate cauliflower into florets and stalks.Wash thoroughly.Mince or grate florets with the help of grater or food processor to resemble fine rice .(Skip this step if using 'ready to cook' cauliflower rice.)
- In a skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of the sesame oil over medium high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 secs or until aromatic.
- Then add onions, carrots ,beans ,peas and cook about 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add cauliflower rice, crumbled paneer(cottage cheese) and stir fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Then add soy sauce ,salt and ground black pepper. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle sliced spring onions and sesame seeds just before serving.
- You can add more vegetables of your choice like bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, corn.
- You could also just buy cauliflower rice in the frozen section in Costco or Walmart and other supermarkets. I mostly prepare cauliflower rice at home an refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- You can also use coconut oil or olive oil instead of sesame oil for this recipe.
- You can skip carrots and peas if you are on Keto Diet.