Broccoli Poriyal recipe is a simple stir fry prepared with broccoli, fresh coconut, and tempered with few spices in Indian style and is keto, low carb, and vegan.
Broccoli is an edible green plant in the cabbage family whose large flowering head and stalk are eaten as a vegetable. It is one of the world's healthiest foods.
This vegetable is a powerhouse of nutrients. It's reputed to benefit digestion, the cardiovascular system, and the immune system, and to have anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventing properties.
Is Broccoli Keto Friendly vegetable?
Yes. The best type of vegetables for a ketogenic diet are both high in nutrients and low in carbohydrates. These include broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, lettuce, cucumbers, and more. A serving of broccoli (3 ounces raw) has 30 calories and 3 grams net carbs.
What is Poriyal?
Poriyal is also known as thoran, is a South Indian coconut stir fry made with vegetables. You can also make this poriyal with cabbage, green beans, carrots, okra, beets.
If you are on a Keto or Low Carb Diet. Checkout Keto Indian Food Recipes Collection.
How to Make Broccoli Poriyal
Firstly, heat oil in a pan, temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let it splutter for few seconds. Add in the green chilies, hing, curry leaves, and saute for another 30 secs.
After few seconds add the chopped onion and saute till the onions are translucent and light brown. Takes appx 2 minutes.
Then add the broccoli, salt, and stir-fry on medium-low flame till they are soft and tender.
Turn off the gas and sprinkle fresh shredded coconut and combine well.
Serve the Indian style Broccoli stir fry along with rice and rasam.
What to serve with Broccoli Poriyal?
More Curry Recipes
- Broccoli Paneer Bhurji
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Lauki Ki Subji
- Beetroot & Chickpeas Stir Fry
- Potato Peas Curry
Broccoli Poriyal Recipe (Broccoli Stir Fry with Fresh Coconut)
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
- Heat oil in a pan, temper with mustard seeds ,cumin seeds and let it splutter for few seconds.
- Add in the green chillies, hing, curry leaves and saute for another 30 secs
- After few seconds add the chopped onion and saute till the onions are translucent and light brown.Takes appx 2 minutes.
- Next add the broccoli, salt and stir-fry on medium low flame till they soft and cooked.
- Turn off the gas and sprinkle shredded coconut and combine well.
- Serve the Broccoli Poriyal( Broccoli Stir Fry ) along with Rice and rasam.
- You can also Stir-fry on high flame till they are 90% cooked and they have still little crispiness left.