Spiced Dahi tadka or Tempered Yogurt curry is an easy and simple recipe made with curd and spiced tempering in less than 10 minutes and is also low carb and keto friendly. You can eat it with roti, rice or parathas.
The term Dahi means ‘Yogurt’ and tadka simply means ‘tempering’ (warmed spiced oil). The tempered oil adds zestful of flavors to anything you add it.
Dahi Tadka curry is a Low carb or Keto friendly recipe.If you are on a Keto or Low Carb Diet.Checkout my Keto Indian Food Recipes Collection.
Make sure to use only fresh greek yogurt (hung yogurt) for this recipe as greek yogurt is keto friendly.if you use regular yogurt the curry doesnt taste that well.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR DAHI TADKA
Spiced Curd Tadka/Tempering recipe can be generally served as a side dish with paratha or roti (or keto roti) or served with rice dish.
HOW TO MAKE SPICED YOGURT CURRY STEP BY STEP
Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
Add garlic, curry leaves, dry red chilli ,hing and saute for few seconds till the garlic turns light brown in color.
Next add turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well.Turn of the gas immediately.
Take greek yogurt in a bowl and pour the tempering on the yogurt with some salt to taste.Mix well.Garnish with cilantro.
Serve spicy dahi tadka/dahi ki sabji recipe immediately.
OTHER KETO/LOW CARB CURRY RECIPES
DAHI TADKA RECIPE CARD
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Dahi Tadka (Spiced yogurt Curry)
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add garlic, curry leaves, dry red chilli ,hing and saute for few seconds till the garlic turns light brown in color.
- Next add turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well.Turn of the gas immediately.
- Take greek yogurt in a bowl and pour the tempering on the yogurt with some salt to taste.Mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve
- Use fresh yogurt for this recipe,Do not use sour curd.
- You can reduce or omit garlic in this recipe and replace with extra hing.But i highly recommend adding garlic for the tempering