Dahi ka Tadka also known as Dahi Tikhari, Tadke Wali Dahi is an easy and simple curry recipe made with yogurt (curd) and spiced tempering in less than 10 minutes. Low carb and keto-friendly. You can serve Dahi tikhari with roti, rice, or parathas.
Dahi means ‘Yogurt’, and tadka means ‘tempering’ (warmed spiced oil). The tempered oil adds zestful of flavors to anything you add.
I first tasted this dish in a Kathiyawadi Rajasthani Dhaba near my hometown in India, and I absolutely loved it with stuffed parathas. It is also known as dahi tikhari, dahi ka tadka or tadke wali dahi.
Dahi Tadka curry is a Low carb or Keto-friendly recipe. If you are on a Keto or Low Carb Diet, check out my Keto Indian Food Recipes Collection.
Dahi Ka Tadka Ingredients
Here are the ingredients required to make the tadke wali dahi recipe at home.
- Curd (Yogurt) - Use full-fat homemade thick/hung curd for the best, creamy flavor. You can also store-bought yogurt. Choose curd that is fresh and not too sour. Plain greek yogurt also works great.
- Tempering (Tadka) - Cumin seeds, dry red chili, curry leaves, garlic, asafoetida (hing), turmeric, and red chili powder.
- Garnish - I used fresh coriander leaves, for garnishing.
How to Make Dahi Tadka
Firstly, Heat oil (or ghee) in a pan on medium flame and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
Add garlic, curry leaves, dry red chili, hing, and saute for a few seconds till the garlic turns light brown.
Next, add turmeric, red chili powder and mix well. Turn off the gas immediately.
Take hung curd (or greek yogurt) in a bowl and pour the tempering on the yogurt with some salt to taste.
Lastly, mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve spicy dahi ki sabji recipe immediately.
Dahi Tadka Serving Suggestions
Store: You can store the leftover tadka dahi in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Tips & Variations for Spiced Yogurt Curry
- Use fresh yogurt for this dahi tadka recipe, Do not use sour curd.
- You can reduce or omit garlic in this recipe and replace it with extra hing. But I highly recommend adding garlic for the tempering.
More Dahi (Yogurt) Recipes
- Curd Rice
- Sweet Lassi
- Chickpea salad with Yogurt Dressing
- Curd Quinoa
- Dahi Papdi Chaat
- Mango Lassi
Other Keto/Low-Carb Curry Recipes
Dahi Tadka Recipe (Spiced Yogurt Curry)
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add garlic, curry leaves, dry red chili, hing and saute for few seconds till the garlic turns light brown in color.
- Next add turmeric, red chili powder and mix well. Turn of the gas immediately.
- Take greek yogurt in a bowl and pour the tempering on the yogurt with some salt to taste.
- Lastly, mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tips & Variations
- Use fresh yogurt for this recipe, Do not use sour curd.
- You can reduce or omit garlic in this recipe and replace it with extra hing. But I highly recommend adding garlic for the tempering