Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe-using Sweet Potato is one of the popular chaat recipes that you can find in any corner of India.Its mainly prepared using papdis (small fried puris), curd(dahi) ,boiled potatoes ,some sweet ,spicy and tangy chutney and finally topped with some sev.
Traditionally Boiled Potato is added as a filling for chaat recipe,but i have added boiled sweet potato for a twist since they are more healthier than potatoes.
Looking for Coriander-Mint chutney Recipe (also known as Green Chutney),Check out here Green Chutney Recipe .
OTHER FINGER FOOD IDEAS
Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe-using Sweet Potato Video Recipe
Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe-using Sweet Potato Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe-using Sweet Potato
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 10-12 papdis
- 1 sweet potato boiled,cubed
- 1 cup curd/yogurt
- 5 teaspoon green chutney
- 5 teaspoon tamarind chutney
- 3 tablespoon onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon tomato finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of chaat masala
- pinch of black salt / salt
- ¼ cup sev
- 2 teaspoon coriander leaves finely chopped
Tamarind Chutney Recipe
- ½ cup seedless tamarind / imli
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup jaggery /gud
- ½ tsp fennel powder / saunf powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- salt to taste
- Arrange papdis on a serving plate.
- Then, place a teaspoon of boiled,cubed sweet potato on each papdis
- Top up with some finely chopped onions and tomatoes over it.
- Also, add a tsp of green chutney into each papdis.
- Further, add a tsp more tamarind chutney.
- Mix sugar with curd/yogurt and add sweetened curd over each papdi.
- Then sprinkle and spread handful of thin sev.
- Then sprinkle chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala.
- Furthermore, sprinkle black salt or salt to taste.
- Finally, top up with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Instructions for Tamarind Chutney
- In a large kadai take equal proportion of tamarind and jaggery
- Further pour 2 cups of water.
- Mix and boil the mixture for atleast 10 minutes.
- Also add fennel powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, dry ginger powder and salt to taste.
- Mix and mash tamarind
- Furthermore, simmer the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Later allow the mixture to cool completly.
- Now transfer the tamarind mixture to the mixer and blend smooth puree.
- Further strain the puree.
- transfer the prepared tamarind chutney into airtight jar and store it in the refrigerator..
2.To make it more healthy, you can add boiled or steamed sprouted green gram and also top it with pomogranate.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.