Gun Powder For Idli/Dosa Tawa Fry|Idli Milange Podi is a Andra style chutney powder recipe that is easy to make accompaniment which goes very well with Idlies, dosas or hot rice with ghee.Idli podi is made with a perfect blend of spices using the whole red chilies, urad dal, chana dal, black pepper, hing and Desiccated coconut.
HOW TO SERVE GUN POWDER/MILGAI IDLI PODI
- Mix the podi with hot sesame oil or ghee and serve it on the side of idli or dosa.
- You can make street style Spicy Tawa Idli using the Podi [My fav one].
- You can smear it over the dosa while cooking it.
- Use this podi to make milagai podi rice.
- I like to sprinkle some on bread toasts along with some ghee.
LOOKING FOR CHUTNEY POWDER RECIPES?
- Peanut chutney powder/shenga chutney pudi(north karnataka style)
- Flax seeds chutney powder
- Fried Gram/Hurigadale Chutney Powder
- Dry Coconut Chutney Powder
Gun Powder For Idli/Dosa Tawa Fry|Idli Milange Podi Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Gun Powder For Idli/Dosa Tawa Fry|Idli Milange Podi
- 10 no Whole red chillies
- 1 tablespoon Urad dal
- 2 tablespoon Channa dal
- 1 teaspoon BlackPepper corns
- 1 tablespoon Roasted channa dal/Fried gram/putani
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds ,can increase according to your preference
- 1 teaspoon Rice
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon Desiccated coconut
- ¼ teaspoon Hing/Asafoetida
- small ball size tamarind optional
- Salt - to taste
- Heat a pan add whole red chillies, black pepper corns, channa dal, urad dal,
- Dry roast for 5 minute in a low flame and then add roasted channa dal/fried gram, rice, sesame seeds, roast this till rice will change color.
- Add curry leaves, hing, salt, desiccated coconut powder, tamarind.Dry roast all the ingredients for 2 more minutes or until curry leaves turn crisp.
- And switch off the flame and put it in the blender and make a coarse powder. Serve this with idly and dosa.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.