Normally, i use plain yogurt but if you like raitas to be little thick and creamy, use plain Greek Yogurt. If you want it thinner, mix in a little cold water till you achieve the desired consistency.
I sometimes make this raita south indian style way ie ,i prepare tempering made of mustard seeds ,cumin seeds ,curry leaves ,hing and dry red chilli and pour over the cucumber yogurt mixture.
WHAT CAN WE SERVE WITH KHEERA RAITA?
TIPS & VARIATIONS
- Adding milk to the yogurt helps it from turning sour.If you are using fresh yogurt then skip it.
- You can also add some grated carrots in this recipe.
- Instead of grated cucumber ,replace with finely chopped cucumber pieces or use a combination of both for this raita.
- If the grated cucumber raita becomes too thick add more milk.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE STEP BY STEP
Wash ,peel and then grate the cucumber.
In a bowl ,add curd and beat the curd till smooth .
Then add the grated cucumber and all other ingredients mentioned.
Mix well and serve cucumber yogurt raita chilled.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE MY OTHER RAITA RECIPES
CUCUMBER RAITA RECIPE CARD
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
- Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- 1/2 cup cucumber (Medium sized)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder/Jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- salt/black salt to taste
- Wash and peel cucumber.Then grate cucumber.
- In a bowl ,add curd and beat the curd till smooth .
- Then add the grated cucumber and all other ingredients mentioned.
- Mix well and serve chilled cucumber raita
2. Can also add chopped green chillies.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.