Instant Upma Mix is very helpful for people staying away from home, bachelors, college students staying in rooms,also can be carried for vacation/trips and this Upma can be made in a pan,microwave or rice cooker in few minutes.
Other breakfast recipes
Instant Upma Mix Video Recipe Below
Instant Upma Mix Recipe Card
Instant Upma Mix
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup semolina/coarse rava/cream of wheat (sooji ,bansi rava)
- 2-3 green chilies,finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon,mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon split Chana Dal (Bengal gram)
- 1 teaspoon split Urad dal (Black gram)
- A sprig of curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon,cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon,oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- a pinch,Asafetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon cashew pieces (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium high heat.Add mustard seeds, channa dal and urad dal. Fry it until it becomes light brown.
- Then add green chillies,coriander leaves,curry leaves,cashew nuts and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder,hing/asafoetida and mix well.
- Next add rava/sooji,roast till it becomes light brown on medium low flame ,takes appx 8-10 minutes.Note fry until there is no moisture left (you can test it by checking curryleaves,it should have turned crispy by now.)
- Lastly add salt,sugar,lime juice and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool completely, then store it in the refrigerator.
TO PREPARE UPMA
- 1 cup instant upma mix
- 2.5 cups water
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING UPMA ON A PAN
- Boil the water, add the mix to the boiling water. Mix it well,
- Cover the lid ,cook it for 4-5 minutes on medium low heat. If you want, add fresh coconut. Upma is ready. Eat it when it is hot.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING UPMA IN A MICROWAVE
- Add 1 cup instant upma mix to 2.5 cups of water in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave for 4 minutes.(mine is 900W).Note:It varies from one microwave to other.
- Instant Upma is ready.
- 1.You can also make upma by adding vegetables to this instant mix with water.
- 2.You can also use bombay rava/small sooji.You can use 1(rava):2(water) ratio while making upma.
- 3.You can store this instant upma mix for 2-3 weeks outside at room temperature and around 4 months inside refrigerator.
- 4.You can easily store these in ziplock cover and use it during a vacation/trip.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/