Palak Moong Dal Dosa
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes then do check
Palak Moong Dal Dosa Video Recipe
Palak Moong Dal Dosa Recipe Card
Palak Moong Dal Dosa|Palak Pesarattu|
It is protein packed wholesome south indian breakfast
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1/2 cup,split moong dal (skinless green gram)
- 1/2 cup,whole moong dal (whole green gram)
- 1/2 cup,rice(I used sona masoori, a medium-grained rice)
- 2 cups,palak/spinach
- 1 inch,ginger
- 3-4,green chillies
- 1 teaspoon,cumin/jeera seeds
- 1/4 cup,onion
- water as needed
- Wash and soak the rice ,dals together overnight(5 hours minimum).
- In a big mixie jar,take the soaked dal & rice mixture,ginger,green chillies,jeera,salt and palak.
- Grind it a smooth batter by adding little water to get Dosa batter consistency.
- Mix well.Adjust the consistency of batter adding 1/4 cup of water if it is very thick.
- Heat dosa pan and pour a ladle ful of batter.Spread it & make it thin as per your wish.I always make it thin as my family likes that way.
- After making dosa,keep the flame medium high and sprinkle chopped onions and drizzle a teaspoon of oil over the dosa.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes till dosas turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the dosa and Enjoy with coconut chutney !
- 1.If you want a more spicy version add 2 more red chillies while grinding.
- 2.You can sprinkle grated ginger and add scoop of upma on the dosa before serving.
- 3.You can keep leftover batter in refrigerator and use it next day to make dosas.
- 4.Cooking dosas on the other side is not necessary when you make thin dosas,however when you make thick dosa,flip the dosa,add little oil if necessary & cook for a minute again.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/