Palak Moong Dal Dosa Video Recipe
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes then do check
Palak Moong Dal Dosa Recipe Card
Palak Moong Dal Dosa|Palak Pesarattu|
It is protein packed wholesome south indian breakfast
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1/2 cup,split moong dal (skinless green gram)
- 1/2 cup,whole moong dal (whole green gram)
- 1/2 cup,rice(I used sona masoori, a medium-grained rice)
- 2 cups,palak/spinach
- 1 inch,ginger
- 3-4,green chillies
- 1 teaspoon,cumin/jeera seeds
- 1/4 cup,onion
- water as needed
- Wash and soak the rice ,dals together overnight(5 hours minimum).
- In a big mixie jar,take the soaked dal & rice mixture,ginger,green chillies,jeera,salt and palak.
- Grind it a smooth batter by adding little water to get Dosa batter consistency.
- Mix well.Adjust the consistency of batter adding 1/4 cup of water if it is very thick.
- Heat dosa pan and pour a ladle ful of batter.Spread it & make it thin as per your wish.I always make it thin as my family likes that way.
- After making dosa,keep the flame medium high and sprinkle chopped onions and drizzle a teaspoon of oil over the dosa.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes till dosas turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the dosa and Enjoy with coconut chutney !
- 1.If you want a more spicy version add 2 more red chillies while grinding.
- 2.You can sprinkle grated ginger and add scoop of upma on the dosa before serving.
- 3.You can keep leftover batter in refrigerator and use it next day to make dosas.
- 4.Cooking dosas on the other side is not necessary when you make thin dosas,however when you make thick dosa,flip the dosa,add little oil if necessary & cook for a minute again.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/