Hariyali Poha|Poha in Green Masala is an easy, delicious and healthy breakfast recipe made with beaten rice or flatten rice flavored with green masala made with onions and seasoning like chillies, lemon and curry leaves.It can not only be eaten for a breakfast but also for a evening snack or lunch box.
My husband is a great fan of poha ,he can eat it all day for breakfast ,lunch and dinner .So i keep trying to make different varieties like indori poha ,kanda poha or batata poha and now our new favorite also got added hariyali poha.
Recently i had been hearing about hariyali sabudana khichdi, hariyali pav bhaji so thought of trying out poha with extra zing of green masala paste.It turned out great.So whenever you are planning to make poha ,try this new poha made with green masala paste.I am sure you will love it.
Tips & Variations to Make Best Hariyali Poha
To make poha you can use medium to thick flakes variety.Thin poha is not suitable because once we rinse in water it will get mushy.
You can make this poha with red or white variety poha.
When preparing poha after rinsing them make sure to press a flake, if its crushes well then it is good for cooking else sprinkle some more over water over it.See *Video for rinsing poha.
You can add some finely chopped beans and spinach to make it more nutritious ,healthy and green.
Make sure to saute green masala paste well else it will smell raw.
You can also garnish with some fresh grated coconut.
How to Make Hariyali Poha
Take 1 cup of thick poha and wash well with water. Keep it aside in a bowl for 10 minutes, then squeeze excess water and keep aside.
In a Blender add green chili ,ginger, garlic and coriander leaves and blend smooth to make a paste and keep aside.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves in it and allow them to splutter.Now, add chopped onion. Saute onions until they are tender. It will take 2 minutes.
Now add green peas and green paste, saute well for 4-5 minutes until raw smell of ginger-garlic evades away.
Now add soaked poha and mix everything gently .
Add salt to taste, lemon juice, roasted peanuts, coriander leaves and mix well and serve hot.
You can also see other breakfast recipes
Hariyali Poha|Poha in Green Masala Video Recipe
Hariyali Poha|Poha in Green Masala Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Hariyali Poha|Poha in green masala
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 1 cup thick Poha/flattened rice/Beaten Rice
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas ( I used Frozen peas)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts/groundnut
- salt as required
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves for garnish
For Green Masala
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 clovees garlic
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies
- Take 1 cup of thick poha and wash well with water. Keep it aside in a bowl for 10 minutes, then squeeze excess water and keep aside.
- In a Blender add ginger, garlic, green chili and coriander leaves and blend smooth to make a paste and keep aside .
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves in it and allow them to splutter.
- Now, add chopped onion. Saute onions until they are tender. It will take 2 minutes. Now add green peas and green paste,saute well for 4-5 minutes until raw smell of ginger-garlic evades away.
- Now add soaked poha and mix everything gently .
- Add salt to taste, lemon juice, coriander leaves and roasted peanuts and mix well and serve hot.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.