KIDS LUNCH BOX #2 - Mini Paneer Uttapam + Tomato Ketchup + Carrot Sticks
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
Paneer Uttapam: Soft and savory uttapam/pancakes topped up with grated paneer, carrots, onion, tomatoes, freshly chopped chilies, and coriander. I usually make uttapam from leftover idli/dosa batter.
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Mini Paneer Uttapam - To make Mini Paneer Uttapam (Click on the highlighted link to get the detailed recipe). I followed the same recipe but skipped tomatoes and green chilies for this lunchbox. Adding tomatoes sometimes makes uttapams soggy.
Paneer Uttapam Recipe
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2-3 cups Dosa Batter
- ½ cup Paneer (Cottage Cheese) grated
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato chopped
- ¼ cup Carrot grated
- 2 Green chilies finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garam masala optional
- 1 sprig curry leaves finely chopped, optional
- salt adjust to taste
- First prepare Dosa batter.I used leftover dosa batter for this recipe.
- In a bowl mix everything together except dosa batter.
- Heat a pan/tawa on medium flame. Add a little oil and pour a ladleful of the batter. Spread evenly slightly thick.
- Sprinkle paneer-veg topping on uttapam.
- Add oil around the edges and close lid.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes till base is brown.
- After a minute or two, flip uttapam and let it cook till onions are caramelized and crisp.
- Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
- Vary the vegetables according to your preferences to make mix veg uttapam more healthy.
Snack - Tomato Ketchup - 1 packet to dip uttapams
Snack- Carrot Sticks - Wash and peel carrots. Then cut them into 2-inch sticks.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- The idli/dosa batter should be prepared the previous evening and set to ferment overnight.
2. Grate carrots and paneer for uttapam [about ½ cup] and refrigerate.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free, and easily available on Amazon.
- Vary the vegetables according to your preferences to make mixed veg uttapam more health
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.