Hello, Bhavana back here with the Kids Lunch Box series, where I share healthy, kid-friendly lunch and snacks, that I serve my kid Monday to Friday, along with a few tips & tricks thrown in here and there.Hope you find this useful to pack meals for your children.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #1 - Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
Spinach Corn Sandwich, This grilled Spinach Corn sandwich is very popular in cafe coffee day in India and is a healthy school lunch box option. This combo of spinach and corn is just too hard to resist, try it and you will surely ask for a second one!
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Mini Paneer Uttapam + Ketchup + Carrot Sticks
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Spinach Corn Sandwich - To make Spinach Corn Sandwich - (Click on the highlighted link to get the detailed recipe) I made half of this recipe which is good for 1 person. You can make spinach corn stuffing ahead of time and refrigerate, I usually make the previous night and then grill the sandwich in the morning. let them cool a bit (let the steam settle) and then pack in the box. Do not pack while they are very hot, once you close the steam may spoil the entire content and becomes soggy.
Spinach and Corn Sandwich Recipe
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Spinach (Palak) finely chopped
- ½ cup Boiled sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon maida (all purpose flour) OR cornflour
- ½ cup cold milk
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella or processed cheese
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
for spinach corn sandwich:
- 6 no Bread slices
- Butter to spread
- shredded mozzarella or processed cheese
- Heat a pan.Add butter and let it melt. Add minced garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add boiled sweet corn & spinach and cook till it shrinks.
- Add flour (maida) and saute for 2 minutes, then add cold milk.
- Cook well until it thickens appx takes 3-4 minutes.
- Now add cheese, red chili flakes,Italian seasoning, black pepper powder ,salt and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool completely.Creamy spinach corn mixture spread is ready.
- Spread creamy spinach corn mixture on one side of bread ,add some more grated cheese on top.Then cover with another slice of bread.
- Either grill or toast the sandwich on both sides on tawa with some butter.
- Serve it hot with green chutney or ketchup.
- I have used white bread here. You may use any bread of choice.
- You can use cheese slice if you do not mozzarella cheese.
- Spinach Corn mixture can be stored in refrigerator for a day or two and can be used to make sandwiches whenever needed.
SNACK - Cutie orange (peel and then pack in a box)
SNACK - few Almonds & Pistachios
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
1.Make the Spinach Corn cheese stuffing/filling the previous night and refrigerate in an air-tight container.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon Choose a box that can pack tightly so the sandwich pieces don’t move to smudge.
- I’ve used Whole grain bread for this recipe.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.