Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #23 – Chole Paratha + Onion Raita + Mixed Fruits
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Chole Paratha – Here the Recipe Link
SNACK – Onion Raita – simple mix yogurt with salt ,red chilli powder ,roasted cumin (jeera) powder and add in finely chopped onion.Mix well.Pack this in a separate container with leak proof lid.Add a few teaspoon of milk to yogurt raita can help it not turning sour by lunch time.
SNACK – Mixed Fruits – I added few pomegranate arils and cut apple into heart shaped using cookie cutter.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- You can soak chole for 6-8 hours previous day and boil channa in the previous night and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- For the soft chapati, it is important to cover the dough and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Add a few teaspoon of milk to yogurt can help it not turning sour by lunch time.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.