Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #23 - Chole Paratha + Onion Raita + Mixed Fruits
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Chole Paratha - Here the Chole Paratha Detailed Recipe Link
Chole Paratha (Chickpea Paratha)
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl. Add salt and 1 tsp of oil. Add water and knead a soft dough. Keep aside for 15 minutes until you make chana filling.
- Take boiled chana in a bowl and mash it with potato masher or with the back of a spoon.
- Add coriander leaves, ajwain, red chilli powder, garam or chole masala, turmeric powder, amchur powder and salt. Mix well.Adjust if required.
- Make balls from the dough. I was able to get 6 balls.
- Take one ball and roll into a small circular disc. Put about 2 tbsp of the stuffing over it. Fold the edges and seal it.Dust with some dry flour and roll the ball into a big circle.
- Heat up a tawa/skillet on medium heat and place the paratha and let it cook.
- Once you see bubbles ,flip on to other side drizzle some ghee or oil on top.
- Flip again and drizzle oil or ghee on the other side as well till they have nice golden spots on both sides.
- Serve Chole paratha with curd, pickle, raita ,ketchup or any gravy of your choice.
- The chole should be cook in such a way that it should be soft but not mushy. Once the pressure is released, if there is excess water in the chole, drain water fully and then mash the chole.
- You can use canned chickpea as well.
- You can add finely chopped mint (pudina) for extra flavor.
SNACK - Onion Raita - simple mix yogurt with salt ,red chilli powder ,roasted cumin (jeera) powder and add in finely chopped onion.Mix well.Pack this in a separate container with leak proof lid.Add a few teaspoon of milk to yogurt raita can help it not turning sour by lunch time.
SNACK - Mixed Fruits - I added few pomegranate arils and cut apple into heart shaped using cookie cutter.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- You can soak chole for 6-8 hours previous day and boil channa in the previous night and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- For the soft chapati, it is important to cover the dough and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Add a few teaspoon of milk to yogurt can help it not turning sour by lunch time.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.