Looking for easy, healthy Vegetarian/Vegan Indian Chickpea (a.k.a. garbanzo beans) recipes to make in your Instant Pot or Stovetop? Here is my collection of 15+ best Vegetarian Chickpea Recipes from my blog. Vegan and gluten-free recipe.
Today, I am sharing my 15+ best easy chickpea recipes, from salads to sandwiches to side dishes and mains, that you can make for your next weeknight dinner.
- What Are Chickpeas?
- Health Benefits of Chickpeas
- Check these Veggie Recipes Collections
- 15+ Vegetarian & Vegan Indian Chickpea Recipes
- Instant Pot Chickpeas (Soak & No-Soak Method)
- Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Chana Chaat
- Hummus Recipe
- Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Chickpea Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- Kala Chana Chaat Recipe (Black Chickpea Salad)
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- Beetroot Chickpea Salad
- Foxtail Millet Salad
- Instant Pot Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Instant Pot Chana Masala (Chole Masala Recipe in Pressure Cooker)
- Instant Pot Chickpea Curry with Spinach (Chana Saag)
- Beetroot and Chickpea Stir Fry
- Pindi Chole
- Chana Sundal | Chickpea Sundal
- Instant Pot Kerala Kadala Curry
- Kala Chana Recipe (Black Chickpeas Curry)
- Chickpea Avocado Sandwich Recipe
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Chole Paratha Recipe (Chickpea Paratha)
- Instant Pot Chana Biryani (Chickpea Biryani)
- 15+ Indian Chickpea Recipes
What Are Chickpeas?
Chickpeas or chick peas, also known as garbanzo beans, belong to the Fabaceae family. They have been grown and eaten in Middle Eastern countries for thousands of years. It is also important in Indian cuisine, and they have a lot of recipes with chickpeas.
These legumes are high in protein and fiber. Makes an excellent replacement for meat for people on a vegetarian and vegan diet. Other names for chickpeas are Bengal gram, garbanzo, garbanzo bean, and Egyptian pea.
Types of Chickpeas
There are different varieties of chickpeas available around the world, a few types are
- Kabuli: Bigger, light-colored with a smooth appearance, and are farmed in Africa, Europe, and the Mediterranean. They are easily available in American and Indian Grocery stores.
- Desi: Smaller, darker with a rough appearance, and mostly farmed in India. They are also known as Kala Chana, where 'Kala' means 'Black' and 'Chana' means 'Chickpea' in India. They are easily available in Indian Grocery stores.
- Green: Regular chickpea harvested while young. They are fresh, greenish color, and have a slightly sweet taste. You can find them in the Indian grocery store or farmer's market during late spring or summer.
Health Benefits of Chickpeas
- Chickpeas are rich in several vitamins, and minerals and contain moderate calories.
- Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein and fiber.
- It can help to lower cholesterol.
A 1-cup (164-gram) serving of cooked chickpeas offers - (Source)
- Calories: 269
- Protein: 14.5 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbs: 45 grams
- Fiber: 12.5 grams
- Manganese: 74% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Folate (vitamin B9): 71% of the DV
- Copper: 64% of the DV
- Iron: 26% of the DV
- Zinc: 23% of the DV
- Phosphorus: 22% of the DV
- Magnesium: 19% of the DV
- Thiamine: 16% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
- Selenium: 11% of the DV
- Potassium: 10% of the DV
Check these Veggie Recipes Collections
- Spinach Recipes (Palak recipes)
- Avocado Recipes
- Paneer Recipes (Cottage Cheese Recipes)
- Broccoli Recipes
- Cauliflower Recipes (Gobi Recipes)
- Beetroot Recipes
- Zucchini Recipes
15+ Vegetarian & Vegan Indian Chickpea Recipes
Let’s look at the 15+ Vegetarian Chickpea (garbanzo) Recipes, which will offer you various options.
DID YOU MAKE ANY OF THESE 15+ INDIAN CHICKPEA RECIPES?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW THEY TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW? SO WE CAN SEE IT AND OTHERS CAN ENJOY IT TOO! THANK YOU ♥
15+ Indian Chickpea Recipes
I hope you found your favorite Indian Chickpea recipe to make. This recipe collection list is only bound to grow more and more, as I cook more interesting recipes. So make sure, to bookmark this page by clicking the heart icon ❤️ on the right-hand side.
OTHER RECIPE COLLECTIONS TO TRY FROM MY BLOG
- 75+ Kids Healthy Lunch Box Recipes
- 60+ Indian Keto Recipes
- 25+ Instant Pot Indian Rice Recipes
- 8 Healthy Toddler Indian Breakfast Ideas
- 8+ Phool Makhana(Lotus Seeds) Recipes
- 10+ Paratha Recipes|Indian FlatBread Recipes
- 18+ Instant Pot Vegetarian Soup Recipes
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.