Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #37 – Creamy Tomato Pasta + Chocolate & Nut Berry Seeds Mix + Blackberries
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Creamy Tomato Pasta – Here is the detailed Recipe Link for Creamy Tomato Pasta.
Creamy Tomato Pasta
Measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250ml
- 8 oz dry penne pasta (about 2-2.5 cups)
- 12 oz marinara sauce pizza sauce or tomato puree (about 1.5 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced or garlic powder
- ½ cup green peas (i used frozen)
- 2 teaspoon dried basil or herbs
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup mozzarella or parmesan or cheese of your choice
Instant Pot Method:
- Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add olive oil and once it’s hot add minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds or till aromatic.
- Then add dry pasta, green peas ,water or broth ,red chilli flakes ,herbs and salt to the instant pot.Spread tomato sauce on top. Gently push all pasta under liquid. Do not mix it.Most of the pasta should be covered in the sauce and water. If it is not, add some more water.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn pressure valve to SEALING position.Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 4 minutes.
- Using penne pasta in this recipe which has 10 minutes for cooking on stove top. So to cook on Instant Pot – Divide the cook time by half and minus one for al dente pasta.So its 4 minutes.For softer pasta do 5 minutes.
- When the instant pot beeps,Wait 2-3 minutes and Quick Release the remaining pressure manually.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cheese, mix everything well.Add more cream and cheese if you want more creamy texture.
- Creamy Tomato Penne Pasta is ready to be served.
SNACK – Chocolate & Nut Berry Seeds Mix - I have added KitKat Chocolate and Nut Berry Seeds Mix which is healthy.
SNACK – Blackberries - I always use organic berries and wash them before packing in to the lunch box.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can cut some vegetables for the pasta if you wish them to add.
- You can also cook raw pasta previous night separately and make sauce in the morning and mix if you dont have instant pot.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.