Nargis mandakki is a very popular mandakki recipe from the town davangere located in central part of Karnataka.
You may also like other Puffed Rice Recipe
Nargis Mandakki Video Recipe
Nargis Mandakki Recipe Card
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1/2 liter OR 2 cups ,puffed rice (puri or mandakki)
- 1/2 teaspoon, mustard seeds (sasuve)
- 1 stalk ,curry leaves (karibevu)
- 3-4, chopped green chillies (hasi menasu)
- 3-4 cloves,crushed garlic (belulli)
- a pinch,cinnamon powder(chakke pudi)
- 1/4 teaspoon, turmeric powder (haldi/arishina)
- 1/2 teaspoon, sugar (sakkare)
- Salt to taste (uppu)
- 1 tablespoon, roasted gram (hurigadale/putani powder)
- 2 tablespoon oil (enne)
- Add roasted gram or daliya (hurigadale or putani powder) into the blender (for dry grinding). Grind it until it becomes a fine powder. Put it aside.
- Heat oil in a big pot or pan on medium-low flame.
- When oil heats up add mustard seeds,curry leaves,green chillies and then crushed garlic.
- Fry until green chillies turn little brown, then turn off the stove.(Note:there should be no moisture in the green chillies or curry leaves)
- Now add the cinnamon powder,turmeric powder, salt and sugar, stir it well.
- Then add the puffed rice mix it and add roasted gram powder or daliya powder (putani powder) and mix well.
- Nargis puffed rice or nargis mandakki is ready to eat. Serve with Tea/Coffee and Bhaji’s.
- Store in airtight container once it cools .Stays crisp for 2-3 weeks if handled well. Enjoy it as it is or top it with chopped onion,coriander leaves and Sev for that extra taste.
- 1.Puffed rice/Mandakki must be fresh and crisp for this. Incase it has turned a bit soggy, keep it in microwave and heat for 1 min. It will get crisp. Alternatively you can dry roast them in a wide kadai too separately for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/