Masala Puffed Rice|Spicy Garlic Puffed Rice also known as Bellulli Mandakki ( Bellulli=Garlic, Mandakki=Puffed rice) is a favorite evening time snack for North Kannadigas.
Masala Puffed Rice|Spicy Garlic Puffed Rice Video Recipe Below
You may also like other Puffed Rice recipes
Masala Puffed Rice|Spicy Garlic Puffed Rice Recipe Card Below
Masala Puffed Rice|Spicy Garlic Puffed Rice
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 5-6 cups Puffed rice/mandakki(Appx 1 liter)
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera/cumin seeds (optional)
- 1-2 string Curry leaves
- 2 garlic cloves(crushed)
- 1/4 cup Peanut/groundnut/shenga
- 1/4 cup Daliya/putani/hurigadale/fried gram
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wide pan on medium flame.
- Add mustard,jeera,peanuts and roast until peanuts are slightly brown and roasted.
- Then add fried gram/putani/daliya,curry leaves, crushed garlic one by one,fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat,add turmeric powder, red chilli powder,sugar and salt. Mix it well.
- Mix the above masala with puffed rice,mouth watering masala puffed rice is ready.Serve with onion and Mirchi/bonda.
- Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.
- 1.If you like garlic you can add some more.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/