This homemade mango juice recipe is refreshing, delicious, and made from fresh ripe mangoes. This tropical refreshing drink is the perfect thirst quencher on hot summer days.
The divine mangoes have arrived to sweeten the summer season. If you ask me, the sole benefit of the humid, hot Indian summers is the delectable mangoes. Mangoes are my favorite fruit, whether in the form of sweets, shakes, smoothies, or multipurpose juice.
When the king of fruits emerges in the scorching summer, the season is suddenly not as annoying. Here is a fantastic homemade mango juice recipe for all mango fans. This juice is not only tasty but also nutritious. Read below.
Health Benefits Of Mango Juice
- Mango juice provides your body with enough Vitamin C.
- Eating mangoes or mango juice is the greatest approach to feeding your body with the vital part, Vitamin A. In addition to encouraging strong eyesight, it is the best defense against eye issues like dry eyes and night blindness.
- Mango juice (without added sugar) regulates blood sugar levels by ensuring adequate insulin levels, regulating blood pressure, and lowering bad cholesterol.
- Mango juice is widely recognized for calming an upset stomach while promoting the digestive system's health.
- Mango juice is a good source of vitamins C and A and carotenoids. These constituents work together to keep your immune system healthy and powerful.
Here are the list of ingredients to make fresh mango juice recipe at home.
- Mangoes: Use the best quality mangoes that are ripe, sweet, juicy, and non-fibrous to make a mango juice recipe. In India, Alphonso, Kesar, or Raspuri would be a good choice. In the USA, I prefer Ataulfo, Kent, or Keitt variety. You can also use Alphonso or Kesar canned mango pulp (I like the Laxmi Kesar mango pulp brand) if you can't find a fresh one.
- Sweetener: Use any sweetener of your choice, like sugar, maple syrup, honey, or agave.
- Water: Use chilled water to make the juice.
How To Make Fresh Mango Juice
Take 2 ripe medium mangoes to begin the process. Here, I've used Ataulfo mangoes. You can pick any. P.S. Ripe mangoes are ideal for sweetening the juice.
Now, peel the mangoes and roughly chop them.
Add the mango pieces into a blender jar, sugar, or honey to taste, and chilled water. You can also add ginger or mint leaves to enhance the taste of the juice.
Ps: Instead of water, you can also use coconut water.
Blend until smooth and creamy consistency. Enjoy!
Note: If you do not want thick juice, you can also strain the mixture. The choice is yours!
Tips And Notes
- If you enjoy fresh mango flavor, avoid combining it with any flavoring ingredients. Just combine it with water and savor it!
- If you like to experiment with juices, you can add orange juice to increase the flavor of mango juice.
- Avoid adding sugar to the juice to make it healthy. You may include honey. You may also add coconut water in place of ordinary water.
How To Store Mango Juice?
Fridge: It's ideal to drink fresh mango juice right away. Any leftovers, however, should be refrigerated in an airtight bottle/container for a further 1-2 days.
Freezer: If you want to freeze mango juice, it's best to freeze the puree rather than the juice or nectar that has already been made. This is especially wise when mangoes are in season. As a result, you may include it in a variety of dishes or defrost it before blending it with water to make juice. Spoon the pulp into an ice cube tray and freeze until firm, then transfer to a reusable Ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use frozen mango. However, it might not be as flavourful as the fresh, pureed mango. But yes, surely it is a good replacement!
If you can't find good quality mangoes or they're not in season right now, you may substitute them with Indian mango pulp available widely in grocery stores.
Not without a masticating juicer, which will assist in grinding the pulp instead of spinning it as conventional juicers do.
The best mangoes for fresh mango juice are ripened, sweet, non-fibrous mangoes. I recommend Ataulfo (Champagne), Kent, Alphonso, or Kesar mangoes.
More Mango Recipes
- Mango Lassi
- Mango Salsa
- Mango Milkshake
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Mango Black Bean Salad
- Mango Avocado Salad
More Fruit Juice Recipes
- Banana Juice
- Strawberry Juice
- Cantaloupe (Muskmelon) Juice
- Strawberry Orange Juice
- Watermelon Juice
- Ash Gourd Juice
- Kiwi Juice
If you’ve tried this easy homemade mango juice recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Mango Juice Recipe
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Take 2 ripe medium mangoes to begin the process. Here, I've used Ataulfo mangoes. You can pick any. P.S. Ripe mangoes are ideal for sweetening the juice.
- Now, peel the mangoes and roughly chop them.
- Add the mango pieces into a blender jar, sugar, or honey to taste, and chilled water. You can also add ginger or mint leaves to enhance the taste of the juice.Ps: Instead of water, you can also use coconut water.
- Blend until smooth and creamy consistency. Enjoy!Note: If you do not want thick juice, you can also strain the mixture. The choice is yours!