This delicious and creamy banana juice recipe is made from ripe bananas, apples, milk, and sweetener. It is ready in 5 minutes and is perfect for any day of the year.
You will just need Bananas, apples, milk, and sweetener. Apple is optional but recommended. It is a great way to use over-ripened bananas on your kitchen countertop. Your kids will love this delicious banana juice. Do give it a try!
Why You'll Love This Banana Juice Recipe
- Made from only four simple ingredients.
- Filling, perfect for a quick breakfast or as a healthy snack.
- Kid-friendly - great for all ages.
- No refined sugar.
- Loaded with nutrients, including potassium, iron, vitamin C, and dietary fiber.
- Vegetarian, Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free.
Health Benefits of Drinking Banana Juice?
- Excellent source of potassium, iron, calcium, and vitamins B3, B5, and B6.
- High in dietary fiber and boosts immunity.
- Aids Digestion.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Good for heart health.
- Mood elevator.
You only need four ingredients to make this fresh banana apple juice recipe.
- Banana: It makes the juice sweet and creamy. I prefer to use fresh ripe bananas.
- Apple: It is added to make the juice rich and creamy. A sweeter and juicy variety of apples like fuji, gala, or opal work well. However, you can skip it if you don't have it in hand.
- Milk (or water): I've used unsweetened almond milk in this juice, but you can use dairy, oat, soy, coconut, or any plant-based milk you like. Or use water to make it a low-calorie banana juice.
- Sweetener (optional): add a sweetener of your choice, like maple syrup, honey, agave, or dates syrup. It is optional if bananas are very sweet.
How to Make Banana Juice
Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Peel and cut the apple into halves. Take one half, core, and dice into medium pieces. Keep the other half for other use.
Add the banana slices, apple, milk (or water), and sweetener to your blender and blend until smooth. You can also use a high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender, which blends a super smooth and creamy juice in a few seconds.
If the juice is too thick, add some milk and blend again.
Serve immediately with some ice cubes if desired, and enjoy!
Serve this banana juice as a healthy breakfast drink or as a snack. If desired, pair it with sandwiches or pancakes. You can also serve it to infants and toddlers kids.
Refrigerator: Fresh banana fruit juice tastes best when served immediately after preparation. However, you can store any leftover juice for up to 24 hours when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Freezer: You can freeze the juice in a freezer-safe ziplock or airtight container for future use. Just ensure to thaw it out thoroughly before serving.
- Cannot juice in a juicer: Bananas have very less water content. Hence it is not suitable to juice in a juicer. Use a power blender to make creamy banana juice.
- Adjust the Sweetness: Adjust the amount of sweetener depending on the sweetness of your banana. You can skip the sweetener as well.
- Serve Immediately: Serve banana juice right away to prevent the fruit juice from becoming darker in color due to oxidization.
Banana pairs well with almost any fruit.
- Citrus: Add lemon/lime juice, orange, or pineapple juice to balance the sweetness and elevate the flavors.
- Berries: like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- Tropical fruits: such as mango, pineapple, and kiwi.
- Other fruits: Apples, peaches, pears, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Bananas are not suitable for juicers as they contain a very less amount of water and can clog the juicer.
Yes! Apple is added to increase the nutrient value and make the juice more rich and creamy. You may skip the apple and prepare the juice with only 3 ingredients banana, milk, and sweetener.
Banana juice will start browning within a few hours when it oxidizes. You can refrigerate immediately after preparing to prevent it to some extent, but it cannot stop completely.
You may also add an acidic juice such as lemon, orange, or pineapple juice to prevent it from turning black.
More Banana Recipes
- Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Fruit Sandwich
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Almond Butter Chia Toast with Banana
- Fruit Salad
- Fruit Custard
- Banana Date Smoothie
More Beverage Recipes
- Strawberry Juice
- Cantaloupe (Muskmelon) Juice
- Watermelon Juice
- Sweet Lassi
- Ash Gourd Juice
- Strawberry Orange Juice
- Mango Lassi
If you’ve tried this healthy banana juice recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
- 2 large ripe banana peeled and sliced
- ½ medium apple peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1.5 cups milk chilled
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup optional
- Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Peel and cut the apple in to halves. Take one half, core and dice into medium pieces. Keep the other half for other use.
- Add the banana slices, apple, milk (or water), sweetener to your blender and blend until smooth. You can also use a high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender, as it blends a super smooth and creamy juice in a few seconds.
- If the juice is too thick, add some milk and blend again.
- Serve immediately with some icecubes if desired and enjoy!