Red Coconut Chutney|Side Dish for Idli Dosa Video Recipe Below
Red Coconut Chutney|Side Dish for Idli Dosa Recipe Card Below
Red Coconut Chutney|Side Dish for Idli Dosa
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
For the Chutney
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut grated
- 3 Dry red chillies
- little Tamarind
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Gram Dal/putani
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt,as per taste
- 1/4 cup water (for grinding)
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- pinch of hing/asafoetida
- In a blender/mixer-grinder, add coconut,red chillies, ginger, roasted gram dal,tamarind,curry leaves and salt.
- Close the lid of the jar and blend them together using a little water at a time, until you get a smooth chutney of the desired consistency.
- In a small tadka pan.add oil, When it is slightly warm, add mustard seeds, hing and urad dal and fry until light golden, on a low flame.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared chutney.
- Mix well and serve the Red Coconut Chutney with dosa , idli.
- 1.If you have more coconut,you can skip adding roasted gram dal to this chutney.
- 2.I like adding few curry leaves while grinding gives unique taste and is more healthier.
- 3.You can also add some sambar onions/shallots to this chutney and is optional.
- 4.I have used bydagi red chilli for red color,also this variety is less spicy.you can increase or decrease according to your spice level.
- 5.If you are using frozen shredded coconut,add some hot water while grinding or microwave frozen coconut for few seconds.This will to get right chutney consistency
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/