Red Coconut Chutney is an authentic south indian spicy chutney made with grated coconut and red chillies. It is an ideal spicy condiment, typically served with south indian breakfast dishes like idli and dosa.
Red Coconut Chutney|Side Dish for Idli Dosa Video Recipe
You may also like other chutney recipes like Methi seeds chutney,Red chilli Karindi.
Red Coconut Chutney|Side Dish for Idli Dosa Recipe Card
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
For the Chutney
- In a blender/mixer-grinder, add coconut,red chillies, ginger, roasted gram dal,tamarind,curry leaves and salt.
- Close the lid of the jar and blend them together using a little water at a time, until you get a smooth chutney of the desired consistency.
- In a small tadka pan.add oil, When it is slightly warm, add mustard seeds, hing and urad dal and fry until light golden, on a low flame.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared chutney.
- Mix well and serve the Red Coconut Chutney with dosa , idli.
2.I like adding few curry leaves while grinding gives unique taste and is more healthier.
3.You can also add some sambar onions/shallots to this chutney and is optional.
4.I have used bydagi red chilli for red color,also this variety is less spicy.you can increase or decrease according to your spice level.
5.If you are using frozen shredded coconut,add some hot water while grinding or microwave frozen coconut for few seconds.This will to get right chutney consistency