Red Chilli Karindi Detailed Written Recipe below
Red Chilli Karindi|Menthe Hindi
Write a review
- • 100 grams OR 20-22 ripened long and thin red chillies which are less spicy in nature(byadgi red chilli)
- • 2.5 teaspoons Fenugreek seeds/Methi/Menthya
- • 2 teaspoons Mustard seeds
- • 2 small bulbs of garlic (whole – in India, 5-6 cloves in USA)
- • 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- • Salt as per taste
- Soak Fenugreek/methi seeds for atleast 1-2 hours.
- Then grind all the ingredients to a coarse mixture.Mix well and store it in a container.
- Keep this chutney in hot sun for 2-3 days to ferment it.Then karindi will get very nice aroma and its color will change.Note:This step is optional if you want to make small quantities.
- This can be eaten with roti or chapatti or rice too. You can add ghee or oil to tone down the spice a bit.
- 1.You can store this karindi for atleast 1-2 months without refrigeration,since we keep in sunlight it will not spoil easily.
- 2.Note this can be only made with fresh red chillies and not with dry red chilli.
- 3.This chuney/karindi is usually made from Byadagi or Dyavanur red chilles.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/