This quick, easy, and super delicious homemade vanilla milkshake recipe is made with three ingredients: vanilla ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract.
As summer approaches, staying hydrated and refreshed becomes a top priority, and satisfying drinks are an excellent choice.
In this article, we bring you a classic vanilla milkshake. This simple and easy milkshake recipe is loved by people of all age groups. The best part? It requires only a handful of easily available ingredients. For instance, vanilla ice-cream, So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started.
Why Will You Love This Vanilla Milkshake Recipe?
- Quick and easy
- Rich and creamy
- It requires just a few ingredients.
- Kid-friendly and crowd-pleasing.
- Perfect for any occasion, be it hot summer days, movie nights, or as a dessert.
- It offers space for experimentation. Almost anything, including whipped cream, flavorful syrups, sprinkles, and nuts, can be added as a garnish.
Classic Vanilla Milkshake Ingredients
- Ice cream: You will need good quality vanilla ice cream. I used Breyers brand Vanilla Bean Ice cream.
- Milk: I have used full-fat dairy milk here. However, you can use your favorite plant-based milk like almond, cashew, soy, or coconut. Adjust the quantity of milk according to your desired thickness. If you want a thicker milkshake, reduce the milk quantity.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Adding pure vanilla extract enhances the vanilla taste. So don't skip it.
How to Make Vanilla Milkshake
To begin with the recipe, add all the ingredients in a blender jar together. Start with vanilla ice cream, whole milk, and vanilla extract.
Now, blend them until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
Transfer to a glass, and serve immediately. Top it with whipped cream, sprinkles, nuts, dried fruits, or some syrup if you like!
Pour the milkshake into the chilled glass and serve immediately. For a classic vanilla milkshake, add some whipped cream on top along with some cherry and sprinkles.
Tips For Making Vanilla Milkshake
- Quality Ice Cream: Use high-quality vanilla ice cream to make the best-tasting milkshake.
- Chilled glass: Put your serving glass in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to cool before serving to keep the milkshake cold.
- Perfect Shake Consistency: Allow the ice cream to settle for a few minutes before scooping it into the mixer. It should be soft but not runny. This process will aid in producing a thick milkshake.
- Milk: Use full-fat milk to get a rich and creamy milkshake.
- No Sugar Needed: Ice cream will already contain sugar, so there is no need to add any sweetener.
- Toppings: Add sprinkles, dried fruits, chocolate chips, biscuits, or cherries to your drinks as garnish. You may add anything you want as long as it goes well with your milkshake.
- Vegan: For a vegan vanilla milkshake, use plant-based ice cream and milk.
- Milk Quantity: Adjust the quantity of milk for the desired milkshake thickness. Add less milk for a thicker consistency or more for a thinner shake.
- Fruits: Add fresh or frozen fruits like mangoes, strawberries, or bananas for a fruity flavor vanilla shake twist.
- Mix-ins: You may add some crushed cookies, chocolate chips, or peanut butter to enhance the flavor and texture.
More Beverage Recipes
- Mango Milkshake
- Dry fruits Milkshake
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Banana Juice
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Sweet Lassi
If you’ve tried this easy homemade vanilla milkshake recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
- 2 cups vanilla icecream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To begin with the recipe, add all the ingredients in a blender jar together. Start with vanilla ice cream, whole milk, and vanilla extract.
- Now, blend them until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Transfer to a glass, and serve immediately. Top it with whipped cream, sprinkles, nuts, dried fruits, or some syrup if you like!