Learn how to make a creamy homemade strawberry banana milkshake recipe with fresh strawberries. Enjoy this shake as a quick breakfast, snack, or light dessert for summer.
Why You'll Love This Banana and Strawberry Shake Recipe
- Easy to make with only 4 ingredients
- Fresh, creamy, and delicious
- Quick, it comes together in under 5 minutes.
- Filling, Perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- Kid-friendly - great for all ages.
- Can be made vegan friendly.
Ingredients for Strawberry Banana Milkshake
You will need the following ingredients to make this healthy strawberry banana milkshake recipe.
- Strawberry: Use fresh, ripe, organic strawberries for the best flavor. You can also use frozen ones. You can use extra strawberries if you prefer more strawberry flavor and vice-versa.
- Banana: Use ripened and sweet bananas. I used fresh bananas in this recipe. To make the milkshake creamy and thick, use frozen bananas.
- Milk: I used dairy milk in this recipe. However, you can use unsweetened almond, coconut, oat, soy, or any plant-based milk you like. I use full-fat whole milk in the milkshakes when making them for my kid.
- Ice cream: You can either use vanilla bean, or strawberry flavor icecreams. If you don't have ice cream in hand, substitute it with plain milk.
- Sweetener: adding sweetener is optional, I did not add it as my strawberries were sweet. However, you can add a sweetener of your choice, like maple syrup, honey, agave, or dates syrup.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Milkshake Recipe
Add the strawberries, banana slices, milk, and vanilla ice cream, to your high-speed blender, like Vitamix Blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
Serve immediately and top with whipped cream if desired, and enjoy!
How to Serve Strawberry Milkshake
Serve this Strawberry banana smoothie as a light breakfast, or snack. Top it with whipped cream for an easy & delicious summer dessert. You can also serve it to infants and toddlers kids.
- Use ripe fruits: If possible, use ripe strawberries and bananas to make the milkshake sweet, and creamy.
- Creamy thick shake: use frozen strawberries and bananas to make the milkshake extra thick, and creamier.
- For a Thinner Shake: If you prefer a thinner shake, add more milk.
- Use a high-speed blender: This will help to make your smoothie silky-smooth. You will not run into any chunks of fruit in the mouth.
- Sweeteners: Adding sweetener is optional. Add it only if the strawberries are not sweet. If you prefer, add sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, or granulated sugar.
- Drink it immediately: This milkshake is best enjoyed when fresh.
- Choose Your Ice Cream: I like to use vanilla ice cream in this recipe, but you can also opt for strawberry flavor ice cream for extra strawberry flavor. You can also skip it if it's not available.
- Vegan Milkshake: To make this strawberry banana milkshake vegan, use vegan milk like almond, or cashew milk and vegan ice creams.
- Nuts: You can also add nuts or nut butter to make the milkshake thick, creamy, and healthy.
- Boost the Protein: add a scoop of protein powder while blending for a post-workout, drink.
- Sweetener: is optional. However, you can use any sweetener of your preference, like maple syrup, honey, agave syrup, or refined sugar.
Refrigerator: Fresh strawberry and banana fruit milkshakes taste best if they are served right away after preparation. However, you can store any leftover milkshake for up to 24 hours in the fridge in an air-tight container.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Orange Juice
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Strawberry Lassi
- Strawberry Juice
- Strawberry Salsa
- Fruit Sandwich
More Beverage Recipes
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Peach Smoothie
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy strawberry banana milkshake recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream (2 scoops ice cream)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey), optional
- Add the strawberries, banana slices, milk, and vanilla ice cream, to your high-speed blender, like Vitamix Blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately with some ice cubes if desired, and enjoy!