These Healthy Indian Toddler Breakfast Ideas are not only super fast to make with some prep-work but they are also filled with protein, fiber as well as other essential vitamins and minerals for growing kids! These are so good, that you will easily repeat them at your house for weeks.
Imagine having cute little toddler/toddlers in your house & being worried about what recipes to cook for breakfast, lunch or for dinner. Isn't this a very common story across all homes 🙂 I remember, when I was a toddler my Mother used to make me some Star shaped poori's or cut my idli's like a Moon & I used to get so excited & eat all my meal happily with a smile. So if you are one of those Mom's, who is looking for toddler breakfast ideas mostly Indian style, then I am happy to say - You are on the right page 😉
One of the cool things about a lot of these recipes is that they are a great way for you to sneak in lots of extra veggies into your toddler's meal 😉 Having your children try and eat different fruits and vegetables when they’re younger will help develop a healthy palette.
Aren't these plates cute, they are from Re-Play Recycled. They’re my absolute favorite and my daughter loves them as well. I am sure, you are also one of those parents looking for healthy and easy ideas for your toddlers like me.
These Healthy Toddler Indian Breakfast Ideas are the ones, which I regularly prepare and serve over and over again because they are
- Easy to make early morning when I am in a hurry to go to the office with some prep work done the previous night.
- A lot of these healthy Indian breakfast ideas for toddlers posted below have one main base ingredient ie idli/dosa batter. You can make a variety of recipes with it. I have tried to include a lot of vegetable puree or finely chopped vegetables in these meals.
- Dhwani likes to eat yogurt or curd with any meal as aside. So she eats yogurt in her breakfast along with fruits and either dosa, idli, sandwich, or toast with peanut butter or avocado pretty much every day.
Tips for feeding your Toddler(1 to 3 Years)
- Offer meals and snacks around the same time each day.
- Eat meals and snacks prepared at home more often. Prepare healthy homemade recipes and avoid processed food.
- Let your toddler decide how much to eat from the foods you offer. It is normal for toddlers to refuse to eat new foods, change their minds about foods they ate before, or want the same food every day.
- Continue to offer a variety of familiar foods and new foods at each meal. Quantity of food intake will change from kid to kid.
- Always supervise your toddler while eating. Cut foods into bite-size pieces to avoid choking.
- Offer water between meals. Sipping on milk or juice between meals can decrease appetite. If you give your toddler juice, please offer only 100% fruit juice prepared at home and limit it to 4-5 oz a day.
- Always try to add fruits and vegetables that are in season and locally grown.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced Breakfast.
Here are Healthy Toddler Indian Breakfast Ideas, that you can try right away!
1. Breakfast on Left – Carrot Coin Dosa + Sliced Banana + Steamed Peas & Organic Yogurt
To make Carrot Coin Dosa - in a small bowl, mix together ½ cup plain dosa batter and ¼ cup of carrot puree until well incorporated. In a dosa pan/griddle drop about 1 tbsp of dosa batter each on the Tawa to make coin-sized dosa’s.
2. Breakfast on Right – Avocado Toast + Boiled Chick Peas + Blueberries & Strawberries
- Simple as can be! Mash up half avocado, salt, and pepper and smear this thick mixture on toasted whole wheat or brown bread on one side.
- Get some protein by adding cooked/canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Also added washed Organic Blueberries & Strawberries which are cut into bite-sized.
3. Breakfast on Left – Neer Dosa + Honey + Sliced Red Grapes
To make neer dosa: Soak ½ cup of white or brown rice overnight and grind soaked rice with ¼ cup of water to make a smooth paste. Add more water later.
Make sure the batter is very thin, just like buttermilk otherwise the dosa will not turn out proper. Here is the detailed neer dosa recipe.
4. Breakfast on Right – Lemon Idli + Steamed Carrot & Organic Yogurt + Chopped Pineapple
- To Make Lemon Idli: Toss steamed mini idli in tempering (ghee, mustard seeds, turmeric powder, hing, salt lemon juice) for 1 minute. Here is the detailed lemon idli recipe.
- Chopped steamed carrot with some organic homemade yogurt.
5. Breakfast on Left – Fruit Sandwich + Avocado Cubes + Paneer Cubes
- You can find a detailed Fruit Sandwich recipe here.
- I have added raw paneer (cottage cheese) cubes which are a great source of protein.
6. Breakfast on Right – Spinach Coin Dosa + Organic Yogurt + Orange
- To make Spinach Coin Dosa - in a small bowl, mix together ½ cup plain dosa batter and ¼ cup of spinach puree until well incorporated. In a dosa pan/griddle drop about 1 tbsp of dosa batter each on the tawa to make coin sized dosa’s. Here is the detailed Spinach Coin Dosa Recipe
- You can beef up the meal by adding in a bit of yogurt and get some active cultures in their digestive system.
7. Breakfast on Left – Zucchini Carrot Paratha & Yogurt + Cucumber Slices + Mango
- You can find a detailed Zucchini Carrot Paratha recipe here.
8. Breakfast on Right – Lauki Paratha + Organic Yogurt & Chia seeds + Orange
- You can find detailed Lauki Paratha here. It is also known as Bottle gourd Paratha.
9. Breakfast on Left – Ragi Dosa + Sprouted Moong & Pomegranate Salad + Organic Yogurt
- To Make Ragi Dosa: In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup plain dosa batter and ¼ cup of sprouted ragi flour until well incorporated. In a dosa pan/griddle drop about 2 tbsp of dosa batter each on the tawa to make mini-sized dosa's.
- To Make Moong Sprouts and pomegranate salad – any sprouts are fine, moong is colorful & fun, also adding pomegranate gives sweetness to the salad, toss both well with some salt and pepper.
10. Breakfast on Right – Vegetable Paniyaram + Organic Yogurt + Orange & Strawberries
- You can find detailed vegetable paniyaram recipe here.
11. Breakfast on Left – Beetroot Paratha + Organic Yogurt + Cooked Butternut Squash & Peas
- You can find detailed Beetroot Paratha recipe here.
12. Breakfast on Right – Broccoli Paneer Paratha + Cucumber & Carrot sticks + Dry Grapes
- You can find detailed Broccoli Paneer Paratha here.
More Toddler Recipe Ideas
- Rava Upma
- Vermicelli Upma
- Bread Upma
- Oats Upma
- Almond Butter Chia Toast
- Oats with milk and jaggery
- Besan Vegetable Cheela
- Chocolate Sandwich
- Veg Chili Cheese Toast
- Bread Pizza
- Chapati Noodles
- Chapathi with ghee and jaggery/sugar
- Aloo Poori
- Paneer Uttapam
- Green Gram Dosa
- Oats Dosa
- Banana Pancakes
- Chocolate Pancakes
- Vegetable Fried Idli
- 10+ Sandwich Recipes
- 15+ Paratha Recipes
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
If you are looking for Healthy Kids School Lunch Box recipe ideas, Do check my 60+ Ideas recipe collection. Also if you tried any of these recipes don't forget to leave a comment below.