A deliciously thick, healthy, creamy date and banana smoothie recipe made with dates, bananas, and ground cinnamon – the perfect breakfast or evening snack smoothie.
Smoothies are nutritious because they include a wealth of vitamins and minerals from fruits, vegetables, and other natural components. They can be a wonderful and handy method for you to acquire your recommended daily intake of vitamins and minerals.
To prepare smoothies, several ingredients can be used. Fruits like bananas, strawberries, and mangoes, as well as leafy greens like kale, spinach, mint leaves, and others, come to mind. We have milk, yogurt, and other ingredients to create a firm base. The smoothies may also be topped off with chia seeds, almonds, and other ingredients.
Here we bring you a quick and delicious smoothie recipe made with banana, dates, chia seeds, and milk.
Why Will You Love This Banana Smoothie Recipe?
- This recipe does not have sugar, making it extremely healthy.
- It is quick, easy, and delicious.
- It requires only a handful of easily available ingredients.
- It makes for a great breakfast.
Banana Date Smoothie Ingredients
You need very few ingredients to make this healthy banana date smoothie recipe.
- Dates: I used pitted dates. They naturally sweeten your drink without the need for added sugar. If you use Medjool dates, adjust the quantity according to your preference.
- Bananas: should be very ripe to get a smooth, creamy, and velvety texture. Fresh or frozen, both work.
- Milk: I've used almond milk in this smoothie, but you can use dairy, soy, oat, or any other type of milk. You can also use yogurt in place of milk.
- Chia seeds: Are a great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ground Cinnamon: adds a warm and slightly sweet flavor to the smoothie.
- Ice cubes: skip them if you are using frozen fruits.
How to Make Date Banana MilkShake
Add the banana, dates, chia seeds, ground cardamom, milk, and ice cubes to your high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender.
Blend for a few seconds until smooth and creamy. If you prefer your smoothies to be a bit thinner, try adding extra almond milk.
Pour into a glass, top it with chia seeds. Serve immediately!
Serve this banana date smoothie as a quick breakfast or healthy evening snack. You can also enjoy this with sandwiches or pancakes.
Refrigerator: Fresh date banana smoothie tastes best when served immediately after preparation. However, you can store any leftover smoothie overnight or for up to 24 hours in the fridge in an air-tight container.
Freezer: You can freeze the smoothie in a freezer-safe container or ziplock for future use. Just ensure to thaw it out thoroughly before serving. But remember, the consistency of the smoothie may slightly alter after thawing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Dates are naturally sweet and also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Yes, because banana adds a perfectly creamy texture and natural sweetness to the smoothie.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy date banana milkshake recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Date Banana Smoothie
- Add the banana, dates, chia seeds, ground cardamom, milk, and ice cubes to your high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender.
- Blend for a few seconds until smooth and creamy. If you prefer your smoothies to be a bit thinner, try adding extra almond milk.
- Pour into a glass, top it with chia seeds. Serve immediately!