This Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie recipe is simple, healthy, and full of bananas, natural peanut butter, milk, and yogurt. It gets ready in just 5 minutes and is great for an easy breakfast or snack.
Smoothies - Some individuals might roll their eyes at the thought of this word, picturing a green, sludgy, and unappealing combination. However, let me assure you, my friends, that smoothies can be really wonderful.
A well-made smoothie may be a hydrating and wholesome meal or snack that is full of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that your body needs. From fruits to leafy greens, you can prepare smoothies with a wide variety of ingredients. Here, we bring you a perfect banana peanut butter smoothie recipe.
People who are concerned about their health adore this smoothie, and for good reason. This dish is not only a delectable and revitalizing way to be hydrated, but it is also brimming with vital elements that our bodies require to survive. So, without further ado, let’s learn how to rustle it up in a few minutes.
This smoothie is not only delectable but also provides a good balance of carbohydrates, healthy fats, protein, and vitamins, making it an ideal choice for a quick breakfast, nutritious snack, or post-workout snack.
Why I Love this Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
- Ready in 5 minutes
- Easy and quick.
- Filling and perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack.
- Packed with fiber, potassium, protein, and omega-3
- No refined sugar
- Vegetarian, gluten-free, soy-free, and can be made vegan.
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this healthy banana peanut butter smoothie recipe.
- Banana: Using ripe and frozen bananas works best in this recipe. Using frozen bananas helps to make the smoothie thick and creamy. I always keep frozen bananas in my stasher. Fresh banana also works well.
- Peanut Butter: I prefer, natural, creamy peanut butter. You can use any nut or seed butter you like.
- Milk: I like to use unsweetened almond milk. You can substitute it with dairy milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or oat milk.
- Greek yogurt: I like to use plain or vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt, but again, anything works well here. Use dairy-free yogurt to make this smoothie vegan. Here is a detailed recipe for How to make Greek Yogurt at home.
- Sweetener: I used maple syrup in this recipe, but feel free to add sweeteners of your choice, like honey, agave, or refined sugar. It's optional.
- Flaxseed meal: I like to add ground flaxseed meal for extra protein, fiber as well as omega-3.
- Ground Cinnamon (optional): adding a pinch of ground cinnamon adds spice flavor subtly and warms this smoothie up.
How to Make Banana Peanut Butter Smoothies Recipe
Add the frozen banana, creamy peanut butter, milk, yogurt, maple syrup, and flaxseed meal to your high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender, and blend for a few seconds until smooth and creamy.
If you prefer your smoothies to be a bit thinner, try adding extra almond milk. Pour into a glass, top it with banana slices, nut butter, and sprinkle a dash of ground cinnamon. Serve immediately!
Serve this nutrient-rich smoothie as a quick breakfast or healthy snack. You can also enjoy this with sandwiches or pancakes.
Variations and Add-Ins
You can make this smoothie with your favorite add-ins. Here are a few suggestions.
- Protein Powder: If you are drinking this smoothie post-workout, add one scoop of protein powder and blend.
- Nut butter: If you don't have peanut butter, use almond, cashew, walnut, sunflower seed, or pecan butter.
- Seeds: Flax seeds/meal, chia seeds, or hemp seeds work well. They contain plant protein, fiber, healthy fats, and omega-3s.
- Toss in other fruit: You can also add seasonal fruits like strawberries, blueberries, and mango, along with bananas, in this smoothie.
- Chocolate: Add one tablespoon of cocoa powder to make a chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie recipe.
- Yogurt: You can use either plain Greek yogurt or plant-based yogurt (like coconut or soy yogurt)
- Milk: Use almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or dairy milk.
- Spices: You can add a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg to add a little spice and warmth to the smoothie.
- Sweetener: You can use any sweetener of your preference, like maple syrup, honey, agave, date syrup, or refined sugar.
- Oats: Add 2 tablespoons of rolled oats to this smoothie to make it heartier, fiber-rich, and filling.
Here are a few tips for making this easy peanut butter smoothie.
- Use ripe fruits: Using a ripe banana makes the smoothie naturally sweet and creamy, and tastes better.
- Use frozen banana: This will make your smoothie extra thick, creamy, and colder. If using fresh bananas, make sure to add a handle of ice. Otherwise, the smoothie will turn very liquid.
- Use a high-speed blender: This will help to make the smoothie extra smooth. You will not run into any chunks of fruit in the mouth.
- Drink it immediately: This smoothie is best enjoyed when served fresh. Otherwise, the banana will oxidize, and the smoothie may turn brown.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! This smoothie is packed with nutrients like potassium, protein, and omega-3, rich in fiber, and keeps you full and satiated. It is great for healthy breakfast or snacks.
It tastes best when the smoothie is served immediately after preparation. If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
I highly recommend adding bananas to this smoothie. However, if you run out of bananas, substitute them with your favorite fruit like mango, berries, etc.
Peel and slice the bananas. You can place them in a freezer-safe ziplock or stasher in your freezer for about 2-3 months.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Date Banana Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy banana peanut butter smoothie recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Add the frozen banana, creamy peanut butter, milk, yogurt, maple syrup, and flaxseed meal to your high-speed blender like Vitamix Blender and blend for few seconds until smooth and creamy.
- If you prefer your smoothies to be bit thinner, try adding extra almond milk. Pour into a glass, top it with banana slices, nut butter and sprinkle a dash of ground cinnamon. Serve immediately!